PDA

View Full Version : Idea for all of you fellow creekers!!

Francisco perez
07-29-2011, 6:04 PM
Hi everyone!! , all of you guys here at the forums have been very helpful and everyone here has shared there ideas and helped all of us expand our work, i have never posted any of my work but today i would like to share with all of you one of many pieces i created, thoughts and comments are always welcome!! thanks! :)

This were made out of a mdf type of board but much finer and looks better as well (sorry i forgot the name of this type of board) i got it at a local wood supplier here in L.A., thickness is 1/4, the sheet of 3'X6' was around $30, after much tests and trials i had the right power and speed to cut the board nicely, so now that i had done my trials with the board i started on the design, design took me a while to finish because i changed it a couple of times till i decided on this one,box design was made with a software that someone here in the forums recommended and it was free and easy to use!!, total time for laser cutting the hole thing was around 20-30 min., after cutting i cleaned them up and glue them together with wood glue except one side witch was going to be use to open and insert a LED candle inside (don't use real candles!!!), i left this in the natural wood color but you can stain or paint them, i had so many people going crazy for them and more due to the LED candles! they look very nice, i have them in my home and have done some for some restaurants, businesses and peoples homes, they are easy to do the hardest part is the design, i made this around a year ago, enjoy!!:)

Craig Matheny
07-29-2011, 7:10 PM
Very nice do you know the name of the program you used for the boxes?

Francisco perez
07-29-2011, 8:35 PM
i think its call "box maker", search the forums and there should be a link to were you can downloaded, its very easy to use.

Dee Gallo
07-29-2011, 9:26 PM
I like the stacked look - you never see candles that way. Of course, with fake candles you can do that in addition to putting them inside wood. Congrats on your success with these.

cheers, dee

ps- next time attach bigger pix please, my old eyes can barely see them! I usually use 1200 wide for a jpeg and I think you can go even bigger than that.

Mike Null
07-30-2011, 6:46 AM
Very nice design. No wonder you've had success with them. Thanks for posting.

+1 on the bigger pics

Frank Corker
07-30-2011, 6:54 AM
Nice idea. I didn't even know that they did LED tea lights, so I've ordered some over the internet. I think I'll give this one a go!

Francisco perez
07-31-2011, 2:08 AM
thanks guys im glad you guys like them and gave you guys inspiration on new projects! @ dee and mike-- sorry about the small pictures i try to upload bigger and better pictures and it wont letme because they were too big so i had to upload small ones but ill try one more time and upload bigger pictures when i get back to my office, @ frank-- yes this LED candles are great and they are cheap, you can get them at the local crafts store and even the big chain stores have them, they come in sets of 2 and run about 2.99 im sure go can even find them much more cheaper online.

Larry Bratton
07-31-2011, 9:51 AM
Very nice design. I am wondering how these would work out of acrylic?