PDA

View Full Version : 12 step program

Chris Colman
07-29-2011, 12:49 PM
Chris Burgess has this phrase in his post signatures:

Hello, my name is Chris, and I am a turnaholic..............
Is there a 12 step program for turning vortex victims? WTA, wood turner's anonymous?

When are the meetings, sign me up!

Chris Burgess
07-29-2011, 1:03 PM
HAHAHAHA. There is, but they have ours at the local Woodcraft..........

Dan Hintz
07-29-2011, 1:14 PM
HAHAHAHA. There is, but they have ours at the local Woodcraft..........Yeah, kinda like holding an AA meeting at the local pub...

Michael James
07-29-2011, 7:28 PM
Chris, as a licensed professional addictions counselor....sadly (or gladly) the answer is no! We all know that all you need to start a meeting is a coffeepot and a resentment, but nobody's going into their vortex slush fund to chip in for a coffee pot. A UNM researcher named Bill Miller wrote a controversial text on controlled drinking for alcoholics many moons ago.... perhaps you could adapt the principles. If sufficiently motivated, it might work! :rolleyes: ;) :p :eek: :D
mj

Betty Fox
07-30-2011, 10:36 AM
Who wants to be cured? Not me.
:P

Jim Underwood
07-30-2011, 1:48 PM
There are times when the only thing keeping me sane is my escape into the Vortex.

Don't take that away!:eek:

Michael James
07-30-2011, 2:19 PM
There are times when the only thing keeping me sane is my escape into the Vortex.

Don't take that away!:eek:
Don't worry Jim, it's like happiness. No one can take it away - you have to give it away.

Matt Owen
07-30-2011, 7:38 PM
My 12 step program turned into a 3 step program:

1. I admitted that I was powerless over turning, and that my wood collection and garage had become unmanageable.
2. I realized that a power greater than myself (swmbo) could restore my sanity.
3. I realized that that my insanity was better than my sanity, and quickly returned to my lathe. Sorry honey.

It felt good to get that out. :D

Dick Wilson
07-30-2011, 7:56 PM
I live in the vortex and I am very comfy:D

Jeff Nicol
07-30-2011, 8:24 PM
I have it double bad, I am a turnaholic and a "WOODAHOLIC" then maybe you could toss in Lacqueraholic, Toolaholic.......I am beyond recovery so I may as well get more of everything!!!!!

Speaking of wood, my addiction was was pushed a little by a big box from Chris B. today! I have not opened it yet as I am icing my back and shoulders, but I know there is a nice burl in it and some other really great Texas woods!!!!

Thank God there is no chance of ODing!!!

Jeff

ray hampton
07-30-2011, 10:42 PM
is Texas trees bigger than the same tree in other states

Bernie Weishapl
07-30-2011, 11:04 PM
I am a happy camper in the Vortex.

Rick Markham
07-30-2011, 11:10 PM
No one likes a quitter Chris! :D

(someone had to say it)

On a personal note, I used to drink, and woodturning is a part of my "recovery." This is a much better vortex for me to be in, then the one I was in before. (It isn't any cheaper though lol) 2 years for me!