PDA

View Full Version : Trotec 100

Richard Link
07-28-2011, 11:02 PM
I haven't seen a lot on the forum about the introductory model Trotec 100. There seems to be a lot of positive buzz about the larger Trotec 300 and the consensus seems to be that it is very fast, well built, advanced and slightly more expensive than the equivalents from Epilog and Universal.

The Trotec 100, however, has me interested and I was hoping someone might chime in about it. It has servo motors, and appears to have the ability to be upgraded sequentially within the same platform to increase speed, complexity of software options, etc. For a new laser user, I like the idea of starting with a more basic system but one that can be upgraded as capability needs to be increased (ie rather than replaced). Also, the 24 x 12 bed size is probably large enough for my purposes and space constraints.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this introductory model from Trotec?

R

Randy Digby
07-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Hi Richard,
I've been running a 30 Watt Speedy 100 for two years now and never regretted the purchase. What little service issues I have had have been quickly handled between my salesman and the factory technician. We engrave and cut laminated plastic and engrave anodized aluminum. We purchased the Speedy to take the place of four rotary engravers we had running at the time. If you have additional questions and would like to discuss, please PM me and I'll send you my toll free number.