PDA

View Full Version : Newest pic of book case

Jim Dunn
02-17-2005, 10:48 PM
I promised pics of the book case when I got it done. I had started a thread about planing a taper earlier in the week. Well I did it and got it mounted this evening. Then I took a nap;) We were all pretty tired with all the work:)

As promised the newest pic with the other shelves hung. Oh and a few more book's as well.

Karl Laustrup
02-18-2005, 5:55 AM
Jim, I'd be careful.

There seems to be a baby "wookie" resting it's head on your shoulder. :eek: :D

Nice looking "book" case by the way. You weren't kidding when you said "book" ;) either, were you? :D

Mike Holbrook
02-18-2005, 7:26 AM
Isn't it dangerous sleeping with Yorkies? They could rip you a new one while you sleep :)

Nice work!

Louis Bois
02-18-2005, 7:28 AM
I'm sure Tom Clancy would be proud to know that you hold his book in such high regard...:rolleyes:

Jeff Sudmeier
02-18-2005, 8:20 AM
I think the book case needs a few more cubbies, or one more BIG book :) It is a nice looking case, but watch out for that dog :)

Dan Gill
02-18-2005, 8:32 AM
Isn't it dangerous sleeping with Yorkies? They could rip you a new one while you sleep :)

Nice work!

Actually, if you look closely, you'll see that it is ONE mutant Yorkie with a very long neck. Its neck goes under his arm, around his back and its head is on his shoulder. That's limber!

Mike Holbrook
02-18-2005, 8:58 AM
Ohhh ok, so maybe its a Dachshund/Yorky, mutant cross then?

Sorry about the off color, off topic posting, the cat attacked what it thought was a snake under the blankets the other night, I guess I'm still a little shell shocked, helllllo!

I was going to build some book shelves myself but now I'm thinking of just mailing them to Jim for storage.

Jim Dunn
02-18-2005, 8:58 AM
I am awaiting the trip to the big box to purchase the rest of the inserts to hold up the other 2 shelfs. As for the book, my wife said the shelves were to small. Well I showed her! The dog on the top was hiding from the vacume cleaner and the other one was just in his normal place. They can be dangerous though, wookies I can handle, not that one on my neck. You'll notice I had the remote for the tv. Only time I get to use it is if I'm asleep;)

Dan Gill
02-18-2005, 11:05 AM
You'll notice I had the remote for the tv. Only time I get to use it is if I'm asleep;)

Possession is the important thing. That keeps someone else from changing the channel and waking you up.

This happens all the time at my house. The channel changes and I wake up and say, "Hey, I was sleeping to that!"

Pam Niedermayer
02-19-2005, 12:33 AM
... the cat attacked what it thought was a snake under the blankets the other night...

Just wait until the cat starts delivering the snakes to you in bed. DAMHIKT.

Pam

Jim Dunn
02-19-2005, 10:11 AM
My dogs hunt mice all the time. But as the oldest of the two, he's 14, only has 2 teeth he just scares the out for the little one. And by the way, I'll post another pic of the bookS' cast later today. My stack of Playboys' won't be represented as my wife says I cant have them on display any more. Something about me being a grandpa or some such;)
Jim

Tom Scott
02-19-2005, 1:52 PM
Just wait until the cat starts delivering the snakes to you in bed. DAMHIKT.

Pam

...or worse yet, birds. Now they make a real mess.

Jim, nice work on the book case.

Tom

Jim Becker
02-19-2005, 4:04 PM
...or worse yet, birds. Now they make a real mess.
Our birds NEVER make messes...at least in their opinion...;) Of course, the human members of the flock have slightly different ideas on the subject.:rolleyes:

Jeff Sudmeier
02-19-2005, 6:02 PM
:) Never had a bird brought to us. However, we have had pleanty of mice. LOML is freaked, I am glad she caught them! :) I give her treats every time she does it.

Jim Dunn
02-19-2005, 6:11 PM
Dogs almost caught a squirrel, lucky for them they didn't:)l

Dave Brandt
02-19-2005, 8:16 PM
Nice case. I sent you a pm. Dave

Mark Singer
02-19-2005, 8:25 PM
Jim,

I love dogs and books....naps I never take so I would't know (if I like them) Nice work...nice bookcase.

Mike Holbrook
02-20-2005, 3:12 PM
Dern, not enough room for my books now! Guess I will have to build my own.

Is that top shelf for all your wood working books?

Jerry Olexa
02-20-2005, 3:18 PM
Nice job, Jim!! Watch out for that dog...I think u need to take a nap.

Jim Dunn
02-20-2005, 4:47 PM
Putting all those books on the shelves tired us out again:D We had another nap and then went to bed:eek: I still have another shelf to build as originally the top shelf was supposed to be used for my wife to set a vase on or some such nonsence:cool: In all truthfulness this was a project that was challenging because of the routed slots in such long boards. But it was fun to finally get it finished.
Jim