PDA

View Full Version : Delta JT360.....need a new power switch...any recommendations?

George Farra
07-28-2011, 11:42 AM
Hi Everyone

The cheapo toggle switch that Delta used on this jointer has failed. I can't kill power to the machine without unplugging it. I can order a new switch from delta, but its a small switch which is not easily accessible anyway.

What other options do I have? Can I change over to one of those large paddle type power switches?? Other than Rockler or Woodcraft...where else can I find switches??

TIA

George

Larry Komroff
07-28-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi George,

I am not sure of the mounting but Grizzly has a good selection of switches. Just go to their website and search. Make sure the current / horsepower rating is the same or higher than what you currently have

Charles Lent
07-29-2011, 11:10 AM
I've had power switch trouble with several smaller Delta tools. In a Delta Router/shaper the switch seems to always get filled with micro fine sawdust. After replacing the switch several times I decided to take one apart and found this. Now I try to seal the holes with silicone bath tub seal to keep the sawdust out. On the small bench-top drill press the problem always seems to be pitted contacts. After I dis-assemble the switch and clean these contacts several times a new switch is needed. I now buy at least two at a time.
Chinese switches just don't last, but I haven't found a suitable alternative that fits the panels.

Charley

Myk Rian
07-29-2011, 11:58 AM
1343759 SWITCH, INCL:

Measure the size and look through McMaster Carr or Grainger for a 20 amp switch of the same dimensions.
I had one go bad on my DP350.

George Farra
07-29-2011, 3:46 PM
Ironically these switches are $5.99 on Delta's website in the Service/Parts section. Shipping is $10.95....WTF!!!!!!