PDA

View Full Version : New GRR-Ripper attachments

Mike Kelly
02-17-2005, 6:24 PM
MicroJig has come up with another accessory you may want to look at. A Handle Bridge and Trailing Hook assembly.

http://www.microjig.com/MJHandleBridge.htm

Terry Hatfield
02-17-2005, 6:28 PM
I have them and they are great!!! Henry did good on these.

Terry

Jeff Sudmeier
02-17-2005, 8:08 PM
They do look like a couple of great accessories for the gripper. The gripper is one of the items I want to look at the MKE woodworking show.

RichMagnone
02-18-2005, 12:04 AM
I made one of those tail holders from a piece of scrap wood and a little insert threaded through to the back of the grrrrrrrripper. Works like a charm. I'll probably end up buying the holder anyway because the holder piece is plastic and likely holds a bit better.

Greg Scott
02-18-2005, 7:24 AM
What is the benefit of the handle bridge. Their web site says that people wanted to adjust the handle without tools. Since they could not come up with a way to do this they scraped the idea. Don't get me wrong I love the Gripper, I have two of them. But to claim that the bridge provides better support seems like a bogus claim to me. The tail piece is nice but I made my own with a little piece of scrap a t bolt and a knob.
Greg

Herb Kelley
02-18-2005, 9:36 AM
I bought the new bridge at the Wood Working show. The demonstrator said that the new bridge is set up for a way to link two grippers together (note the inserts) and that it should be out within the year. The plastic push piece is supposed to be a pattern piece to make wood sacrificial push pieces.

Dan Stuewe
02-18-2005, 12:18 PM
What is the benefit of the handle bridge. Their web site says that people wanted to adjust the handle without tools. Since they could not come up with a way to do this they scraped the idea. Don't get me wrong I love the Gripper, I have two of them. But to claim that the bridge provides better support seems like a bogus claim to me. The tail piece is nice but I made my own with a little piece of scrap a t bolt and a knob.
Greg

From what I gather, the reason you would want to move the handle is to get better balance. By spreading the contact of the handle on the gripper, you get the better balance. Or saying in another way, go from two point contact to four.

Help?

Greg Scott
02-18-2005, 1:09 PM
From what I gather, the reason you would want to move the handle is to get better balance. By spreading the contact of the handle on the gripper, you get the better balance. Or saying in another way, go from two point contact to four.

Help?

But Dan,
It's a ridgid connection with either 2 or 4 connections, I would say the balance would decrease because you are increasing the overall height of the Gripper.
Just my $.02 worth.
Greg

Keith Christopher
02-18-2005, 1:40 PM
What's not to love about this item.