PDA

View Full Version : LOVE the new resizable reply box

Dan Hintz
07-27-2011, 9:01 AM
I've always wondered why the reply box only allowed a handful of lines, but the new resizable version is a Godsend. No more continual scrolling to make sure my novels make sense from beginning to end.

Bruce Page
07-27-2011, 11:35 AM
I also like that the Results display has increased from 20 to 25.

Dan Hintz
07-27-2011, 12:04 PM
I noticed that, too...

Joe Angrisani
07-29-2011, 11:54 PM
I've always wondered why the reply box only allowed a handful of lines, but the new resizable version is a Godsend. No more continual scrolling to make sure my novels make sense from beginning to end.

You could resize the old one, too, Dan. That's what the pair of up and down arrows on the right upper corner did.

Thomas Bank
07-31-2011, 12:34 PM
I use OmniWeb on the Mac - the resizable text box has long been a feature that it has offered.

Joe: The old version only allowed you to scroll up and down in the text box - not resize it.

Joe Angrisani
07-31-2011, 12:57 PM
I use OmniWeb on the Mac - the resizable text box has long been a feature that it has offered.

Joe: The old version only allowed you to scroll up and down in the text box - not resize it.

Sorry to hear your fancy OmniWeb didn't offer it to you. :) I may be a lowly Windows user, but I know the difference between 'scrolling' and 'resizing the text box'. There was a pair of small up and down arrows in the upper right corner just off the text box. Clicking the bottom one made the text box increase in size in steps. Clicking the top one of the pair made the text box shrink in steps.

You should try Windows XP and IE7. They apparently offer some great features. :D

Thomas Bank
07-31-2011, 8:22 PM
Guessing I didn't see them since I'm able to drag the text box around to make it both taller and wider. Was forced to use Windoze for a lot of years working for other people. You can keep your headaches.

Joe Angrisani
07-31-2011, 11:38 PM
.....Was forced to use Windoze for a lot of years working for other people. You can keep your headaches.

You didn't see them, but it didn't stop another "believer" from instantly preaching down from the altar of Mac and anything non-Microsoft. Despite the fact the function was there without your OmniWeb. Jiminy Christmas....

Seven years running XP/IE on my same ol' 2004 computer. Guess I missed out on those alleged headaches. ;)

I am a happy Apple shareholder, though. Because I love the kool-aid they serve to you guys (and to gotta-be-trendy-teenagers with open wallet parents - go iStuff!). Keep up the good work so the share price can double or triple again.

[....and just to clarify....I'm funnin' on your addiction....big grin....:D.....smile along.....]