PDA

View Full Version : Some of the work i have been up to lately

Rasmus Petersen
07-27-2011, 3:43 AM
well i havent had any time lately to post much been working hard on all fronts, turning, sequrity training, stage building, server managment...

But here are some of the thins i have completed in the past few months..

Wenge Balusters for a custom kitchen, stair balusters elm bowl 50 cm i diameter, birch burl bowl, cutting board walnut, table legs (120 all in all) in pine.

will try to post more of the things i am doing but this is a little of it

Bob Rotche
07-27-2011, 6:42 AM
120 table legs! You are a machine!!! Very impressive work, especially the consistency of the legs and balusters.

Bill Bulloch
07-27-2011, 7:10 AM
WOW -- you have been busy. Fine work; those apples really look real.

charlie knighton
07-27-2011, 7:20 AM
fine work/play, enjoy

Roger Chandler
07-27-2011, 7:38 AM
Very nice work, Rasmus................turning table legs without a duplicator and getting them very similar is a real task.......nice job.

Russell Eaton
07-27-2011, 8:02 AM
Great looking turnings. I like the foot you used on your bowl, don't know why but I do. Thanks for showing.

Faust M. Ruggiero
07-27-2011, 8:10 AM
Rasmus,
Normally, I would have complimented you on the exquisite bowl and ignored the spindle work. I do no spindle work to speak of but lately made a project that required both ends of a spindle to match in shape. I threw away 6 attempts before making one that was acceptable. You've successfully turned a ton of spindles and made them all look similar enough to have been done on a duplicator. Great work. By the way, the foot on the bowl shown in the last picture is just perfectly shaped. The foot looks like part of the art.
faust

Chris Burgess
07-27-2011, 8:58 AM
The numbers......I just can't wrap my head around them. I am very impressed by your ability to make 120 legs all look the same. Out of 120 I have have finished w/ 2 that were close. Very nice work on all of the spindles. I am w/ everyone else on the foot of that bowl, it just works and looks great. And the Elm...WOW...my elm has never done that. All very nice. Thanks for sharing.

Eric Holmquist
07-27-2011, 9:40 AM
Great job on everything, the snow in the background of the bowl looks mighty nice after all the hot weather we have been having over here!

Bernie Weishapl
07-27-2011, 10:16 AM
Really nice work Rasmus. 120 table legs now that is impressive.

Jon Nuckles
07-27-2011, 12:15 PM
Those bowls are great. I don't usually go for spindle work, but the wenge is amazing. I have used it in some flat work and found it to be brittle and tough to work. You tamed it nicely!

Scott Hackler
07-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Rasmus,

You always amaze me with your ability to replicate spindles. Really, really great work.

Baxter Smith
07-27-2011, 9:53 PM
Impressive work! A true professional turner in every sense of the word!

Steve Schlumpf
07-27-2011, 10:10 PM
Rasmus - very happy to see that you have been staying very busy with turning! Your skill shows through on all that you have turned! Very nice work! Thanks for sharing! Hope to see more of your work before to long!!

Rasmus Petersen
07-31-2011, 4:25 AM
Thank you all for the very nice words.. The dublication part is easy :) practice practice.. and when turning spindels the location of the detail i much more important than the diameter.

I will try to post photos of the other things i have been making since spring..

I am very please with the small rolled foot on the bowl as well. its not easy to get right.

as for spindles i love them the more i can get the happier i am :) its good clean honest work and im able to get some pay from the work, also its traning for the teaching class i am planning on spindle turning.

Josh Bowman
07-31-2011, 7:26 AM
Rasmus,
Makes me tried reading all you're into. Your duplication skills are excellent. Very nice and useful bowls.

Rasmus Petersen
07-31-2011, 7:36 AM
Josh remember, im acually trying to make a living in my workshop. (good thing i do computer work, consluting in sequrity, stage and scaffolding and a few pother things) so i do get some time at the lathe :) some days 10 hours straight, but most its only a couple of hours...

Steve Vaughan
07-31-2011, 8:07 AM
Really nice work there, and quite a collection!

Rasmus Petersen
07-31-2011, 8:56 AM
thank you :) i cant claim any of the pieces.. all customer orders