PDA

View Full Version : Merlin Splitter by Excalibur

Jennifer@Indy.USA
04-18-2003, 7:28 PM
Hi everybody,

Well I finally spent the $$ and bought a splitter for my TS. I ended up with the Merlin by Excalibur. Got it at Rockler. Does anybody have one of these that could help me out with the instalation. I must say the instructions are pretty lame. Not even a diagram of the parts and their name. I called the 1-800 number today but the recording at customer service said they weren't able to answer my call. Great :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help you might have.

Jennifer

Bruce Page
04-18-2003, 9:26 PM
Hi Jennifer, I wish I could help ya. The Delta splitter installation on my Uni was pretty straight forward. Is the Merlin that much different? If not, check out Mark G's website for a walkthrough on the Delta splitter.

A bachelor's life is no life for a single man. -- Samuel Goldwyn

Keith Outten
04-18-2003, 9:47 PM
Jennifer,

I suggest that you contact Rockler. possibly they could answer your questions. the odds are you won't ever get any help from Excalibur. I bought their 62" sliding table four years ago and tried to contact them several times. Once, I did get someone to answer the phone and was promised a follow up phone call which I never received. I really like the slider but Excalibur left me in the cold after the sale.

John Miliunas
04-18-2003, 10:32 PM
Jen, Rockler will probably be your best bet. I had a similar experience with Excalibur. Better than a year ago, I bought a display model Delta with the Excalibur fence and extension table. I noted that it looked like there should be another cross-brace on the bottom of the extension to help support the router. The guys at the store said, "Hey. That's the way they set it up. There was a rep for Excalibur here to sell us on their products and to set it up." I called Excalibur and explained the situation to them. They seemed quite pleasant and helpful and said the brace/hardware will be on its way within a day or two. Like I said; That's way over a year ago and still nothing!:mad: I like their product, but their CS leaves an awful lot to be desired. Like Keith said, they take the sale, but forget about you after pocketing the cash. If I ever need a new fence, Biesemeyer is getting my hard earned $$$. :cool:

Jim Tobias
04-19-2003, 2:53 AM
I bought the Merlin splitter for my PM 66 and had trouble initially trying to install it. You are right , the instructions and labeling are weak at best. I called Excalibur and was able to get through and they were very helpful. As it turns out, certain PM 66's before a certain date needed an adapter that Merlin supplies. They sent it out in a couple of days and I was able to get it installed with no major problems. It does take a little time to get it adjusted for alignment with blade, etc. But after that, it works great and is easy to remove and install.
Keep trying their number, I think you will get the help you need.

Jim