PDA

View Full Version : very uncharacteristic gloat

allen thunem
07-25-2011, 5:26 PM
:o
I finally am going to improve on my self taught turning methods and get rid of some bad habits. I have reached my ultimate level of frustration with bad work habits and dull tools. I am attending a trent bosch turning workshop first part of august. Logistically it just made sense to attend one of his highly thought of classes given he is only an hour and a half up the road. If all goes well my first project post will be one of the projects out of his class. and if not then i will just sit back and admire others fine work.

Dane Fuller
07-25-2011, 5:31 PM
Congratulations! I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

Scott Hussey
07-25-2011, 6:31 PM
Allen,

I went to Trent's course in April of this year. You will learn a ton. He's a great teacher and has a great style. 3 full days with Trent really got me going in some different directions. He has an amazing shop so enjoy all of his toys. Good luck and take good notes...I think I forgot lots of the little tips he drops along the way.

David E Keller
07-25-2011, 7:58 PM
Congrats, Allen! I just got through watching Trent's DVD's, and I'm a little envious of your proximity! He does some great things with carving and embellishments, so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Jim Burr
07-25-2011, 8:23 PM
I need one of those...learn lots!!

Jeff Nicol
07-25-2011, 8:36 PM
Allen, I was able to attend his demo at the AAW symposium and he has a great sense of humor and a very easy way about him. He is graciuos and will be open to any idea or thought that others may present to him, he said that he learns new things from every group he demo's for or takes his course.

Have fun and congrats,

Jeff

Harry Robinette
07-25-2011, 10:21 PM
I've wanted to take his course for about 6 or 7 years. I have all of his DVD's and am always watching them over and over. Your really lucky I'd love to be going too.
Good luck and pretend your a sponge.

Chip Sutherland
07-26-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm a fan of taking classes. I experienced Trent at the 2009 Rocky Mountain Symposium. He is a great presenter but the best impression was in the vendor area when he was demo-ing in the Vicmarc booth. I caught him twice: solo and with Cindy Drozda. Very smooth teacher. Hope you have a great experience.