PDA

View Full Version : My turn to ask a newbie question

Dee Gallo
07-25-2011, 11:08 AM
Okay, I have a bunch of saved job settings listed in my driver that I would like to delete... how do I do this? I read the manual and it does not tell you anything about saving driver jobs or deleting them.

Thanks to anyone who knows the answer!

cheers, dee

Mike Null
07-25-2011, 11:50 AM
With Windows I can fumble my way through the folders on Trotec and find the materials files but I'm not sure how you'd go about it on a Mac.

Doug Griffith
07-25-2011, 12:08 PM
The settings are saved as individual files on the drive. I would do a search for the setting's name to locate the directory they are in and then trash the ones you don't want.

Larry Bratton
07-25-2011, 12:24 PM
The Windows file extension is DAT. Not familiar with a MAC but assuming the file extension is the same, just do a search and delete the ones you don't want.
Also, when you have the Epilog driver open on the Advanced tab, there is a window that shows the directory where the files are stored. Navigate to that and u will find your files.

Dee Gallo
07-25-2011, 12:29 PM
Thanks guys - I have my settings saved on my Windows computer, so - what am I looking for exactly? Is there one file named Epilog Settings or something like that? Or is each one listed under each name I gave the settings file with the .dat added on? I'll take a look right now.

Thanks, dee

UPDATE: You guys are brilliant! I just did a search for any file with .dat and voila! Up they popped, so I deleted the ones I didn't want. THANK YOU! So much better now :D

Larry Bratton
07-25-2011, 12:56 PM
Good, have a nice day :)

Craig Matheny
07-25-2011, 1:26 PM
Dee another way to do it is from the driver screen itself where you originally saved the file.. go to print then properties and click the save tab find the setting you do not want right click on the file then delete it is gone then when you have removed what you want just close the display box upper right corner.

Dee Gallo
07-25-2011, 2:05 PM
Thanks Craig, there's always more than one way to skin a trout