PDA

View Full Version : Woodburning

Alan Tolchinsky
07-24-2011, 7:13 PM
I'm thinking of burning some of my bowls and platters. Can anybody advise what tools you'd need for this. Any ideas about tools and/methods appreciated. Are there any DVD's out there on the subject? Thanks

Jim Burr
07-24-2011, 7:26 PM
Some here use the Optima and Burnmaster. There are a few other around. You can make one from a worn out battery charger too! There are DVD's around so you may want to Google pyrography and see what pops up

Bernie Weishapl
07-24-2011, 8:00 PM
I didn't want to mess with building. I got the Optima 1 dual pen and love it. I bought 5 pen tips as Greg where I bought it advised me those 5 would do everything I needed. He was right.

Thom Sturgill
07-24-2011, 8:55 PM
i have the optima 1, single pen version with three pens. I do recommend the fixed pens for most shapes and maybe one of the holders that let you make your own. The fixed tip pens are supposed to hold up longer than the removable type, but do have a bit higher price. I would like a good dvd myself.

Tim Thiebaut
07-25-2011, 12:44 AM
There are a couple of really popular brands, on the advice of some fellow creekers I am ordering this myself tomorrow....the kit comes with 10 tips...and my understanding is you can use tips from most of the popular brands in this model, although I think for the optima you need to buy the adaptor for it, I think.

http://www.woodcarverssupply.com/NEW-BURNMASTER-HAWK-PEN-10-TIPS-SET/productinfo/499201/