PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt Heavy Duty Sliding Table on different saw?

Cyrus Brewster 7
07-24-2011, 6:50 PM
I have an opportunity to pick up a new in box Dewalt sliding TS attachment (DW7461) for$200. Does anybody know if this will work on the Ridgid ts3650?

I have read that the miter gauge is junk. No problem - I have an Incra for it. Anyone here have one? Thanks.

Timothy Wolf
07-24-2011, 7:24 PM
No experience with that, but I had the opportunity to get a Jet Sliding table for $200 and I was going to see if it could hook up to a Ridgid 3650 as well, long story short, I found several places online where people said they had to modify their Jet TS's to be able to take it because of the fence design. I decided to pass at the time, now I just recently got rid of the Ridgid 3650 for a Jet Supersaw (the sliding table is designed for it) I may have to wait till I get some money but it is on my to do list. You could probably make the Dewalt work but you may have to modify either the fence or the sliding table to do it. As far as the Dewalt I have only seen them online and not in person so I cannot say with certainty how much work would be needed for it to work.

Ken Deckelman
07-24-2011, 7:39 PM
I saw that today on CL also...seems like a great deal for $200. I did a Google search of "dewalt sliding table" and found some good links. Short answer is yes, but you will have to make it fit.

Tim Janssen
07-24-2011, 9:32 PM
I wonder if this might be of interest to you http://benchmark.20m.com/articles/SurveyOfSlidingTables/surveyofslidingtables.html.
This chap did a review of several sliding tables including a DeWalt unit, he also links to another thread on mounting the unit to saws other than the DeWalt saws.
FWIW

Tim

Cyrus Brewster 7
07-25-2011, 5:09 PM
I am picking it up tomorrow. I think I will have to get creative with the fence but think it will be it.

Thanks.

Ken Deckelman
07-25-2011, 8:22 PM
I am picking it up tomorrow. I think I will have to get creative with the fence but think it will be it.

Thanks.

Nice, Good luck with it! If you decide to get rid of it look me up-I may be interested in it.

Cyrus Brewster 7
07-25-2011, 10:00 PM
Nice, Good luck with it! If you decide to get rid of it look me up-I may be interested in it.

We will see... I have looked at my saw and should be able to do it with no destructive mods. If any cutting is involved I may pass it on. I will be upgrading to a cabinet saw in the future and selling a non-stock, modified saw is a little more difficult.