PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi Drill Press

Robert Wimmer
02-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Hi Folks, I,m new to this forum and need some feedback. Been shopping for a floor mounted drill press for some time. The best deal I have come across so far seems to be a Hitachi model B16RM for $269 from Lowes. Never purchased Hitachi before and would like any feedback you might be able to give me. Thanks.

Darren Ford
02-17-2005, 5:59 PM
I cannot comment on the Hitachi as I have never used one, but if you are looking for the best deal as your message indicates, I hear good things about the HF drill presses. I personally have a ShopFox that I really like. You might check to see if you have a ShopFox dealer in your area.

Mike Holbrook
02-17-2005, 6:39 PM
I happen to have that same Lowes Hitachi Drill Press. I had a project I was working on around Christmas time that required accurate placement of a large quantity of screws. Lowes was offering 20% off on all power tools at that time. I got mine for under $200. That is by far the best deal I have seen on what I think is a pretty good drill press. Although my experience is limited I have found it to be a great tool so far.

I believe this is a brand new product for Hitachi so there may be some risk. I have several Hitachi nail guns which convinced me of the quality of Hitachi's products. I also have their impact screw driver, which is now my favorite screw driving device by far. I guess I can say that Hitachi has earned my confidence.

John Shuk
02-17-2005, 7:51 PM
I have a Central machinery drill press (Harbor freight) that my grandfather-in-law gave me before he died. I'd buy one again it is well built and as dead on as I have ever needed. FWIW