PDA

View Full Version : Jet Deluxe Xacta, height adjustment wheel not locking...

Jeremy Sullivan
07-24-2011, 12:31 PM
Hi everyone,

When I tighten the knob in the center of my height adjustment wheel to lock it down, the crank wheel still moves freely - maybe completely freely. It seems to have little or no affect on the height adjustment wheel's ability to turn.
I haven't crawled underneath yet, but has anyone experienced this? Brand new saw, if that helps. Any thoughts would be appreciated, and I'll post back once I get under there.
I hope everyone's Sunday is peaceful. Birds are chirping and it's 72, and not a cloud to be seen here in Southern California. :)

Thanks!
Jeremy

John McClanahan
07-24-2011, 3:55 PM
Our temps will only be in the double digits today for a change.

John

Jeremy Sullivan
07-26-2011, 3:16 AM
John it looks like you're headed back to three digits, at least for Weds. ...your 100's aren't dry and manageable like ours. Hang in there!
I still haven't checked out the locking knob...

Jeremy

Jeremy Sullivan
03-05-2012, 10:40 PM
Hi everyone! Overdue update... I took the entire assembly apart, cleaned everything, inspected (nothing broken, etc..), and reassembled. Still the wheel spins freely when the knurled knob is tightened completely. Any thoughts? (I'm in the middle of a garage-to-shop renovation and tool purchases, so this has kind-of fallen into "I can limp along with it" status.) Thanks again :)

Jeremy

Bill Huber
03-06-2012, 9:53 AM
I would call or email Jet and see what they have to say. I looked at the manual and I really can not see how the lock screw work or what it does to lock it.

Randy Rose
03-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Have you tried adding a flat washer behind the locking knob ?
this could increase the "pull" on the center shaft.
Just a thought