PDA

View Full Version : Vince's Wood Wonders

Matt Newton
07-24-2011, 10:16 AM
I just wanted to send out props to Vince for his excellent advise and prompt shipping. I called him with some questions about my failings at sanding and he was able to set me straight without any problem. His products are superb and his advise is priceless. I have no financial connection to Vince other than sending him money so this is just my $.02 FWIW. Thanks again Vince.

John Keeton
07-24-2011, 10:21 AM
Good products and a super nice fellow! Our next club meeting will be at my shop, and Vince has agreed to drive the couple of hours to do a couple of demos on sanding - should be very informative!

Bernie Weishapl
07-24-2011, 11:00 AM
Ditto what John said. He is a great person and has some solid advice.

Reed Gray
07-24-2011, 12:17 PM
I have a woman who wants most of my rejects, and there are a lot of them. She wanted more info about sanding, and I sent her to Vince. She commented on how helpful and informative he was. Two things for a good business: good product and good service. Vince has both.

robo hippy

Jim Burr
07-24-2011, 12:52 PM
I just started using Vinces stuff. One of the many things that impressed me were the prices...extremely resonable...in fact, I found him down right cheap!

Mike Willeson
07-24-2011, 1:02 PM
Good products and a super nice fellow! Our next club meeting will be at my shop, and Vince has agreed to drive the couple of hours to do a couple of demos on sanding - should be very informative!

Any chance you'll be video taping that and posting on your club website for all to see...?! :-)

Justin Stephen
07-24-2011, 2:30 PM
Any chance you'll be video taping that and posting on your club website for all to see...?! :-)

Seconded.

Vince does indeed sell a quality product at a good price and offers excellent customer service.

Scott Hackler
07-24-2011, 5:44 PM
I bought an assortment of his pink ceramic discs while in St Paul. I have discovered a few things. First off, the paper is very good and used properly should last quite a while and secondly, I wasn't using them property at first! I was sanding way to hard and way too fast because the disc would get hot enough to release the paper from the cloth backing! So this has caused me to slow down and now the results are good. Just a pain since my lathe is belt only and I am getting sick of changing the belt to lower or raise the speed!

Vince was very helpful and answered all my questions. He will be getting a bit more of my money next month when I see home in Waco.

Josh Bowman
07-24-2011, 6:27 PM
Ditto on all that's positive about Vince. It's been a year since I've talked to him and still use his perscription and get a very slick finish.

John Keeton
07-24-2011, 8:21 PM
Seconded.

Vince does indeed sell a quality product at a good price and offers excellent customer service.I will check with one of our members and see if he can do that. He has done some videos before and our "webmaster" (fellow creeker Rex Guinn!) uploaded them.

Paul Singer
07-25-2011, 7:17 AM
Uploaded them to where? Are they available for viewing? Sanding is one of the most tedious chores associated with turning for me. i should call Vince and get some advice. I currently use his blue disks and love them but I feel I must be doing something wrong because I sand way too much.

Rex Guinn
07-25-2011, 8:42 AM
I will check with one of our members and see if he can do that. He has done some videos before and our "webmaster" (fellow creeker Rex Guinn!) uploaded them.

I will bring my camera and a tripod so we can get a good video. The hand held ones are ok, but a tripod is better.