PDA

View Full Version : My Powermatic 3520B works again

Bernie May
07-24-2011, 9:32 AM
Those of you who followed my thread on the apparent demise of my VFD on my 3520B in this thread
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?168679-Powermatic-3520B-won-t-come-on.&highlight=
might me interested in the solution. The new VFD also did not come on. Then I attached wiring to my old VFD without anything connnected to it and it came on. I tried to disconnect all wiring from the new VFD while attached to the lathe and nothing/nada. Both hot legs registered correctly at the new VFD. Totally confused at this point. Visited Practical Machinist website and one author reminded me about induction in an electric line. So, I replaced what I thought was a good line and bingo I "got lathe" once again. thanks for all your thoughts and remember "the problem may be your line from machine to wall", especially if you have a VFD.
-bernie

David E Keller
07-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks for the update, Bernie... Glad to hear you got the lathe up and running again!

Jim Underwood
07-24-2011, 10:18 AM
I'll bet you're glad to have that resolved! I'll also bet that you're a little aggravated it wasn't mentioned sooner....

At any rate, glad to hear "you got lathe". Gotta have that turning fix now and again...

Steve Schlumpf
07-24-2011, 10:19 AM
Thanks for sharing! Glad you are operational again!