PDA

View Full Version : need help

Kathy Moore
07-23-2011, 4:31 PM
I was using auto focus and got the laser beam head stuck on an object. I think my laser is out of alignment and I need to reset the alignment permanently.
Attached is a picture of where the pointer is focusing. hopefully it is good enought for a person to see. My photography is not good.
I would appreciate any help.
Kathy:confused:

Frank Corker
07-23-2011, 7:26 PM
Lol. Kathy, the laser beam light on most engravers don't go into the corner when it is in the park position. What you need to test to see if it is out is to lay something on the bed at a specific location and see if you can hit it. Other than that, what you have shown above is not cause for concern I don't think. Try and make a square a specific size, cut paper with it, if it measures up, no problems, but the park position mine never did line up right in the corner but it's still as accurate as ever.

Kathy Moore
07-23-2011, 8:13 PM
Thank You Frank! I will give that a try and let you know what happens, but first I am off to a tractor pull with the grandkids. I will be back in touch tomorrow.
George I am sorry you did not understand my question I will do better next time.
Thanks again,
Kathy

Frank Corker
07-24-2011, 4:44 PM
Don't hurt your back pulling those tractors!

Michael Hunter
07-24-2011, 5:58 PM
If the carriage bangs into the work, it is possible that the machine no longer "knows where it is", as the motor movement can get out of sync with the position encoder.
Normally this is automatically corrected if you reboot the machine or turn it off and on again.

If the mirror/lens holder screw was not tight, it is possible that the assembly has moved a bit - easily corrected.

It is most unlikely that the crash did any real harm to the machine, so DON'T PANIC!

Bruce Dorworth
07-24-2011, 7:27 PM
I had the same thoughts that Frank had, so I didn't think I needed to reply. I know when I turn my laser on that it goes to home and then moves out a certain distance. So it seemed right to me.

How's that?

Bruce

Kathy Moore
07-27-2011, 6:20 PM
THANK YOU ALL!!
I was the whole problem. I had my vector table in upside down.
Again I would like to thank everyone that tried to lend me a hand.
Kathy

Mike Null
07-28-2011, 6:48 AM
Kathy

I know exactly how you feel. I've ruined material and wondered what was wrong before I discovered that I forgot to focus.