PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukee WW Show

Jeff Pilcher
02-17-2005, 10:34 AM
Looks like the Milwaukee show is starting on the 25th of this month. I plan to go on Saturday the 26th.

http://thewoodworkingshows.com/

Anyone interested in meeting for breakfast before the show opens?

Karl Laustrup
02-17-2005, 10:41 AM
We're going down Friday. Will try and leave a few items for you. :D

Jeff Sudmeier
02-17-2005, 10:53 AM
We are planning on heading down on Saturday or Sunday. If we pick Saturday I would love to meet up for breakfast.

Jeff

Jerry Olexa
02-17-2005, 11:18 AM
What's your opinion on the Milwaukee show? Had mixed reactions on the Chicago show. Do those clinics involve a fee or are they simply "at the booth"? Kelly M. will be there for Jet doing Ts, Planer, jointer etc. Understand D. Marks will be there too. Are there generally good deals? Rethinking of going up either Friday or Sunday.About 1 1/2 hr drive. LMK your opinion. Thanks...:confused:

Dan Racette
02-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Plans are for me to be there on saturday. I am going to be looking hard at Eureka smart guide demo. Of course I might have to pick up a nice hunk of manganese bronze and ductile iron from that wonderful booth of Lie-Nielsen's!

I need to visit with R & R clamp, Kreg, and some various others.

Anyone know of any other impressive new gizmos that might be worth checking out?

D

Jeff Sudmeier
02-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Dan,

If you don't get to see the Eureka Guide in person, you are welcome to stop down to my shop and check mine out any time.

Hopefully I will see you there!

Jeff

David LaRue
02-17-2005, 8:02 PM
I'm planning on going Saturday morning with a buddy from Racine. Anyone up for breakfast?

John Miliunas
02-17-2005, 8:20 PM
Yeah, I"m with Karl on Friday. Hoping to be a bit less crowded.:)

Jerry, I'd love to give you a real objective opinion, but I can't. Last year was the first year I went to one and haven't been to any others to compare. I didn't take in any clinics, as I was too busy soaking in all the other neat stuff! :) May try and do a bit of that this year. Lots to see! As I recall, there were some good deals on books, veneer and some of the accessory type items. I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking at the big ticket stuff, though I think I'll pay the LN booth a visit. I DO plan on taking a number of catalogs and other such flyers along, just to do a bit of comparison shopping.

Karl Laustrup
02-18-2005, 6:11 AM
Hey, Jerry. My 2 cents says you should come up Friday.

You're about the same distance as Spring and myself, although we're going to meet up in Madtown and share a ride [Greyhound I think].

Nah, just kidding. I've got a two person pedal car with one wobbly wheel. :eek: :D

Look at it this way, if the show sucks, at least the 3 of us can BS for a couple of hours.:D

Oh, the price of admission is $10, above and beyond what you find inside the show.

Karl Laustrup
02-19-2005, 9:04 AM
Just getting this thread back on the big page.

Need Jerry O., AKA honorary "cheeshead" to see it.
Jerry, you out there? :confused: :D

larry merlau
02-19-2005, 9:10 AM
i nrequards to going to the show you should period, for ten dollars is allit costs except for the tools and goodies you get, the clinics are all free. and usually are filled up quickly friday is better because of less people but any day is a good one. have been to indaina show and grand rapids and will go to the detroit i think. wouldliked to see the chicago but had work to do.. you wont be sorry for going and meeting the others.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Everyone,

See the Milwaukee WW Show Breakfast 2/26 (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=17045) thread to plan where to meet for breakfast on Saturday.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Jeff

Karl Laustrup
02-19-2005, 10:38 AM
Hey, Pesh, you should jump on your snowmobeel, or skiiis, or snowshoes, or the Bud Clydesdales and join Spring and me Friday.

We could probably do some serious damage. :eek: :D :D

Dan Racette
02-19-2005, 10:40 AM
I will probably have to bow out on breakfast, as I will have the whole family with me and I will be coming up from Racine--(that is where we will be stayin).

I will see you at the show!

Dan

Jerry Olexa
02-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Just getting this thread back on the big page.

Need Jerry O., AKA honorary "cheeshead" to see it.
Jerry, you out there? :confused: :D

Hi Karl, Sorry I missed your response. I answered back this AM on the other thread. I can't get up there Saturday but may try either Friday or Sunday. Thanks for your note. Jerry (1/2 cheesehead )

Jerry Olexa
02-19-2005, 11:12 AM
Karl I screwed up!! I see you and John are going Friday which is good news! We have a big event we have to attend here on Saturday so I wiil have to check w LOML. :D Lets keep in contact. We'll use PMs as we get closer and see if we can work it out. If nothing else we could meet @ show. Thanks.

John Miliunas
02-19-2005, 12:50 PM
Karl I screwed up!! I see you and John are going Friday which is good news! We have a big event we have to attend here on Saturday so I wiil have to check w LOML. :D Lets keep in contact. We'll use PMs as we get closer and see if we can work it out. If nothing else we could meet @ show. Thanks.
Jerry, if you're even anywhere NEAR the place on Friday and, you don't show, we'll hunt you down and, and.. and...Well, I don't know, but we'll figure something out!:mad: :) It'd be just way too GREAT to meet up with 'ya! Keep in contact!:) :cool:

Jerry Olexa
02-19-2005, 6:01 PM
Thanks for invite.. I'll let you know soon as I know...I'll probably wear a "cheesehead" hat:D

John Miliunas
02-19-2005, 6:11 PM
Thanks for invite.. I'll let you know soon as I know...I'll probably wear a "cheesehead" hat:D
Well, I don't do hats and never have. But, I'll be the good lookin' one with the Packer jacket on!:) Oh, wait....Probably a lot of guys with Packer jackets, heh? OK, mine's a leather one. Hmmmm....Maybe a few of them, too. Fine, I'll be the only good lookin' one!:D :rolleyes: :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
02-19-2005, 6:15 PM
Well, I don't do hats and never have. But, I'll be the good lookin' one with the Packer jacket on!:) Oh, wait....Probably a lot of guys with Packer jackets, heh? OK, mine's a leather one. Hmmmm....Maybe a few of them, too. Fine, I'll be the only good lookin' one!:D :rolleyes: :cool:
Jerry, good luck on finding John... especially if you look for the good looking one!! You will never find him! :) :eek:

Jerry Olexa
02-19-2005, 6:19 PM
That reminds me, I better spray on a liberal amount of "women repellent" if I'm anyway near you and you're wearing the jacket! As Chris Padilla once said to me about my avatar; Hey Jerry your face ain't cutting it...get a new one. :D :D Hope we can make this work..

John Miliunas
02-19-2005, 6:31 PM
Jerry, good luck on finding John... especially if you look for the good looking one!! You will never find him! :) :eek:
Hey Jeff, in the infamous words of I forget who: Is that really your face, or did your neck just throw up?!:D :cool:

Karl Laustrup
02-19-2005, 7:20 PM
Sure hope you can make it, Jerry. We're planning on having a good time. And I'm sure you could add to the merryment.;)

I'm sure LOYL will let you out to visit with two fine upstanding individuals such as Spring and I. Just show her Spring's avatar and my avatar and she should plainly see we are just wonderful people.:rolleyes: :eek: :D Do our avatars look like we could lead you astray?;)

Seeing as how I don't have a SMC hat yet[hint], I guess I'll either have my John Deere, Bud or Dale Jr. hat on [I am very rarely without a hat].

Hope to see you there.

John Miliunas
02-19-2005, 7:25 PM
Seeing as how I don't have a SMC hat yet[hint], I guess I'll either have my John Deere, Bud or Dale Jr. hat on.

Karl, you're such a decisive kind of individual.....:D :) :cool:

Karl Laustrup
02-19-2005, 7:29 PM
Hey Spring, be sure you eat a good breakfast that morning. That pedal car is really tough with that wobbly wheel :eek: :D, and we need to keep up with traffic on I-94.;)

Jeff Sudmeier
02-19-2005, 7:58 PM
Hey Jeff, in the infamous words of I forget who: Is that really your face, or did your neck just throw up?!:D :cool:
Ohh good burn... I belive that you have won this round :)

John Miliunas
02-19-2005, 9:13 PM
Hey Spring, be sure you eat a good breakfast that morning. That pedal car is really tough with that wobbly wheel :eek: :D, and we need to keep up with traffic on I-94.;)
Huh? I thought we was takin' my pick-em-up! It's got 4-wheel drive and a real nut case behind the 5th! :eek: :D :rolleyes: :cool:

Karl Laustrup
02-19-2005, 9:54 PM
COOL! We be goin first class!!!! :D :D

The 5th wheel in case we have a flat??

John Miliunas
02-19-2005, 11:36 PM
COOL! We be goin first class!!!! :D :D

The 5th wheel in case we have a flat??
No, the 5th wheel to steer the other four. Sheeeeesh....Gotta' teach these retired guys everything!:D :cool:

Jerry Olexa
02-20-2005, 3:48 PM
Friday looking better than Sunday right now. I'll keep you informed . By the way, I'll be wearing a PACKER jacket :D :p

John Miliunas
02-20-2005, 4:48 PM
By the way, I'll be wearing a PACKER jacket :D :p
You DA MAN, Jerry!!!:D This is starting to shape up into a real good show already!:) Keep us posted!:) :cool:

Karl Laustrup
02-20-2005, 6:36 PM
Sittin on the edge of my chair, Jerry. :D

I'll be looking for a guy in a Packer Jacket Friday. :D

Did you show LOYL our avatar's? Probably just as well that you didn't. :D

Jerry Olexa
02-20-2005, 6:45 PM
Karl, John No, I hid your avatars. That way I have a chance I can go. Don't want her to think anyone would lead me astray. Your mug shots might mislead her.:D She has already given her blessing. Its all now a matter of scheduling and whether both of you pass your background checks.:D :)

John Miliunas
02-20-2005, 6:59 PM
Its all now a matter of scheduling and whether both of you pass your background checks.:D :)
Ohhhh, no problem then. Ahhhh, well, as long as you don't visit your local post office between now and next Friday, all is cool! Really. It's fine. And if you do, the picture(s) you may see there are just a striking resemblance, that's all. Really. Honest.:D :) :cool:

Karl Laustrup
02-20-2005, 7:27 PM
Karl, John No, I hid your avatars. That way I have a chance I can go. Don't want her to think anyone would lead me astray. Your mug shots might mislead her.:D She has already given her blessing. Its all now a matter of scheduling and whether both of you pass your background checks.:D :)Background checks? Background checks? We don't need no stinkin background checks.

They'll be coming to put me back in that place. They won't let me have sharp things. And they'll want to do that labotomy. Oh, yeah, they already did that. That's what's helped make me the mellow person that I am today. :eek: :D

David LaRue
02-20-2005, 11:53 PM
So what's the consensus, Friday Night or Saturday? I could probabbly make it up Friday evening. Are there any plans for after the show?

Karl Laustrup
02-21-2005, 9:46 AM
Hey David. Not sure about Jerry O. yet, but Spring and I are planning on meeting up between 8:30-9:00 in Madison and driving down together. If your on I-94 east bound Friday, look for us. I'm not sure who's going to steer and who will be working the pedals.:eek: :D

Plan is to head down and hit Rockler before the show opens at noon.

Haven't really thought about after show. Spring & I will each have about 2 hour drive home. Having said that I'm not opposed to meeting up with a couple of Creekers after the show for a bite to eat and some talk. Of course that's all dependent on Spring cause he is the chauffer. I get to ride and babble incoherently until he throws me out or other wise shuts me up.

Karl Laustrup
02-21-2005, 8:35 PM
YO! DUDE! I got our tickets to the show.

Now we can go in the front way just like real people. :eek: ;) :D

Kent Cori
02-21-2005, 8:50 PM
Makes me wish I was still in Wisconsin so I could join you guys at the show. I guess I'll just have to content myself working in the garage shop in my shorts all weekend. :D

John Miliunas
02-21-2005, 9:41 PM
Makes me wish I was still in Wisconsin so I could join you guys at the show.
Oh yeah. Sure. I'll just bet the farm on that one!:rolleyes: That's OK...We'll have fun, too!:) :cool:

Jerry Olexa
02-21-2005, 10:38 PM
Karl and John, your preliminary background check is going OK...(I had to bribe the local police officer)...but I am still hiding your avatars and keeping my wife away from Post Office. Should you pass final clearance, I plan to be there. I'll send a PM w my cell phone # and then we can meet at the show. Show opens 12 noon. I'll plan to arrive right about then. Attire to be announced later. GQ photographers are standing by as well as Farm n Fleet:D :) LOML said I can't wear my workshop clothes:( :D

John Miliunas
02-21-2005, 10:49 PM
LOML said I can't wear my workshop clothes:( :D
Yeah, me neither. Guess I'll just have to leave them leaning against the wall in the bathroom, like I usually do.:D Hey, great idea about the c-phones, too!:) Hmmm...I'm thinkin' you'd be a handy guy to have around!:D :cool:

Karl Laustrup
02-22-2005, 6:05 AM
I'll have my cell also, Jerry. I'll also have Spring along to help me with it's operation. [I normally just carry it cause it's shiny:D ].

Looking forward to meeting up with you. We've already got our tickets, so we won't have to wait in line to purchase and will be able to go right in.

See you Friday.:D :D

Jerry Olexa
02-22-2005, 6:57 PM
Boy, you guys PLAN ahead..Guess its too late to do . Looking forward (if my warden lets me out that day)..:D

John Miliunas
02-22-2005, 7:06 PM
Boy, you guys PLAN ahead..Guess its too late to do . Looking forward (if my warden lets me out that day)..:D
Uh, ohhhhh....Hey Karl, you got a long rope? I figure we can tie it to the hitch of my truck (in lieu of a horse!) and yank those bars off the jail-house winders! Hang on, Jerry...We'll bust 'ya out!:D Give us an address and we'll get 'ya out. Heck, we can even call it a kidnapping, hold you for ransom and probably get some extra spendin' money from the LOYL!:D :) :cool:

Karl Laustrup
02-22-2005, 8:17 PM
OOOOOO! :D

I like that idea Spring. Should I wear my ski mask? Bring my hackysaw?

How much ya think Jerry is worth? :confused: Enough for some of them cordless thingys? ;) :D

Can hardly wait.

Jerry Olexa
02-23-2005, 1:04 AM
He ain't worth much....Ransom may not work.:)

Jerry Olexa
02-23-2005, 1:06 AM
Are you boys planning to get some vittles after the show and before they put us back in the slammer? I gave you cell# in the PM.:D

Karl Laustrup
02-23-2005, 6:26 AM
Not into "vittles" much. But I do like my "food". :D :D

I have to defer to Spring on this as he holds the "fifth" wheel in his hands. I just work the gas and brake.

Having said that let me say that I have very rarely passed up a chance to EAT.

Got your cell #, so you want me to call when I get up Friday? Probably be about 4:30! :eek: :D Just to make sure your'e coming.

Not worth one of them cordless thingys? :eek: :( How bout a cup of coffee and a doughnut?;) :D

John Miliunas
02-23-2005, 8:00 AM
Are you boys planning to get some vittles after the show and before they put us back in the slammer? I gave you cell# in the PM.:D
I would probably say that we should. The food at the exhibition hall is not too bad, but typical venue food. OK for a mid-day snack. Plus, it's expen$ive there!:( We should concentrate on spending our $$ for WW stuff!:D I'm not familiar with what's around there, but I'm sure we can find something.:) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
02-23-2005, 8:50 AM
Well guys I am trying to get off of work! We will see how it goes... I will let John know if I am successful! ;)

Karl Laustrup
02-23-2005, 9:02 AM
Hope you can manage it Jeff. I think we could have a good time.

It would also be good to meet you.

Spring doesn't introduce me to anybody, which is understandable. ;) :D

Just kidding. :D

Jerry Olexa
02-24-2005, 11:44 AM
I will be there Friday with "bells on". Sent a PM to both John and Karl (partners in crime). Looking forward to getting together. Better alert the local constabulary!:) :D

Karl Laustrup
02-24-2005, 4:06 PM
I will be there Friday with "bells on". Sent a PM to both John and Karl (partners in crime). Looking forward to getting together. Better alert the local constabulary!:) :DAlert them to Spring and I being there? I think not. We gonna be in stealth mode. :cool:

Don't need no constable finding me.

They have wood shop in the slammer? :D

Jeff Sudmeier
02-24-2005, 4:30 PM
Boy I wish that I was going, on friday, but there may be a suprise or two :)

Tom Peterson
02-24-2005, 5:49 PM
sorry I will miss the festivities on Friday. it is National Geek (engineers) Week and I will be tied up with some events and socials. I will look to see how satisfied the vendors are with all the purchases that I am sure John and Karl will be making. drop a line if you see something good while your strolling around.

You boys talked about eating, if you go after the show head west on Greenfield to Mama Mias (good italian) or east to Crawdaddys for cajun. Sorry I can't join you but maybe next year

Karl Laustrup
02-24-2005, 6:17 PM
Thanks for the info on the eats, Tom. Sorry you won't be able to join in the festivities on Friday. Who knows, after the "Terrible Trio" wreaks havoc they may not even open for the weekend.:eek: :D

Hey, being an ingineeer, do you get to blow the whistle? ;) :D