PDA

View Full Version : Laser control software

Bruce Dorworth
07-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Does anyone know anything about this software??

The control software that came with my laser is called "Laser Engrave and Cut System DSP 4.0". I find it some what hard to use and learn. Especially since the manual that came with it is useless. With the laser they sent me info(the manual) on Laser cut 5.0. The current software runs off a dongle(USB). Can I use LaserCut 5.0 on my laser? Where would one purchase Lasercut, and does it need a dongle?

Another question regarding the attached picture. I have included a picture of the cutting\engraving parameters. When engraving a picture what numbers is everyone using for step interval, and PWM-Pulse?

Ps. What is the check marks in run "S" trace and flow for?????

Thanks,
Bruce

Craig Matheny
07-22-2011, 10:58 PM
Bruce if I recall correctly this is a software that Rodne Gold spoke of in his post on Chinese Lasers are Here. He might be the best one to talk to as he has a ton of info on this topic.

Good Luck

Bruce Dorworth
07-22-2011, 11:08 PM
I know Rodne is on his way to China(Again), but I figured he would be the one to answer this question. I just joined LaserU and hopefully they will be able to answer some of these questions also.

Thanks Craig,
Bruce

Rodne Gold
07-23-2011, 2:47 AM
I actually don't run that software , but have read up a bit about it. It is somewhat similar to mine.
It would depend on your motherboard whether you can run a different version of the software and/or other software. You could change to a different software if you changed your motherboard and the LCD panel in your laser...the supplier of your laser could tell you more.
As to the settings , well the step interval = DPI , its expressed most likely in mm. 25.4 mm per inch so a step interval of 0.1mm means that when scanning (raster mode) the y axis will move down 254 time in one inch, Decreasing this to 0.05 results in a job taking 2x longer as it moves 508x in one inch . more DPI generally means deeper and darker and often sharper engraving. I would actually decrease your number to 0.1 and see if output is acceptable , it will save a lot of time.
PWM frequency is to do with how the laser fires the tube , these lasers pulse and you can vary this , however glass lasers are not PW Modulated , so Im not sure if this applicable to your laser or if its just wrongly labeled and is applicable. I would leave it alone.

Flow would generally be applicable to 1) Air assist , or B) Water cooling , it would either switch on / off air assist if the laser has the hardware to do so , or it could apply to a flow sensor which would sense water flowing thru the tube , its most likely the air assist,

S trace Im not familiar with , but in my software when vectoring there are 2 modes of accelerations , S mode and T mode , I have yet to really work out exactly what either does , but the default is S mode , not sure whether this is the same on yours. I am assuming that S mode has something to do with ramping on mine.

There is also a mode in my software when raster engraving under the Scan mode : common mode and special mode , it could apply to this - special mode has to do with power delivery and spot size from the tube , I doubt it will be that tho.
Hope this helps