PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes making a mistake is a good thing.....

Ken Fitzgerald
07-22-2011, 4:52 PM
I had this grand idea of using a tablesaw blade to cut decorative grooves in the stiles of an red oak entertainment center I'm building for the LOML. Of course, I made the cut in a wrong place and mirrored that rascal on both sides.:confused::o

I just finished cutting, milling and mortising the replacement stiles and they turned out better than the originals as far as fit and wood.

Since I never post in the neander forum, I'm going to post this here. Dave Anderson would shred me if I posted something in that forum...:rolleyes: While setting my tablesaw up with my dado blades to mill tenons, I thought I had it set and sure enough, the tenons were a little thick....so I got out a sharpened plane I have ......I'm sure the neanders would say it was the wrong plane but it's one of the 2 I have.......and it was sharp and I touched up the tenons with a hand plane. I worked well.

David Nelson1
07-22-2011, 5:28 PM
Mistakes, I find are the only way I DO learn. LOL

anthony wall
07-22-2011, 10:00 PM
no such thing as mistakes ,only tutorials

Harvey Pascoe
07-23-2011, 6:20 AM
If mistakes are good, then I must be REALLY good!

Unless you're an anal perfectionist, its probably better to avoid the plane people.

Mike Cruz
07-23-2011, 8:14 AM
A "mistake" I made on a hickory kitchen corner cabinet top turned into a really nice walnut inlay. :)