PDA

View Full Version : Tim Yoder (Woodturning Workshop) has a new DVD and maybe a new show.

John Fabre
07-22-2011, 4:51 PM
Tim Yoder from Woodturning Workshop has a new DVD and maybe a new show. He also has a new website called Woodturning with Tim Yoder.

Scott Hackler
07-22-2011, 7:56 PM
Here is a funny Tim Yoder story: in St Paul I have walked up to Doug Thompson's booth to look things over and began talking to thus fella behind the booth table. As We were having a conversation I thought this guy looks familiar. Even his name seems familiar but I just couldn't place him. Finally I look down on the table and saw some dvd's that he was selling. That's when the light bulb went off! I said something along the lines of OH WOW, NOW I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! It was pretty funny because I had been DVRing his show last year and watched them over and over.

Jon Nuckles
07-22-2011, 8:31 PM
I enjoy the episodes of his show that are still running on PBS and his self-deprecating sense of humor. I hope his new endeavors are successful.

Bob Bergstrom
07-22-2011, 9:19 PM
I too had a great talk with Tim at the Symposium. He told me he had just finished the 4th season of Woodturning Workshop and presented to the PBS station manager. He told Tim that the station had decided to cancel his show. It was all done, but now he has to find someone to buy it and televise it. he said he is trying to find a buyer and hope it will be picked up by another station. He was very upbeat and positive.

Doug W Swanson
07-23-2011, 8:03 AM
I also talked to Tim at the AAW show. He was very personable and upbeat about a new show. And when my daughter showed him some of the things she made at the Youth Classes, he was very happy for her. He could not have been nicer to her....

Tim is a great guy!

Dan Hintz
07-23-2011, 6:57 PM
Crap, does that mean no more Woodturning Workshop on PBS? I just started DVRing it a couple of months ago :(

Rob Cunningham
07-25-2011, 12:54 PM
Crap, does that mean no more Woodturning Workshop on PBS? I just started DVRing it a couple of months ago :(

I heard that PBS dropped his show :( I haven't seen it on in my area for a while.

John Fabre
07-30-2011, 4:18 AM
Showing re-runs here.

Jon Nuckles
07-30-2011, 9:52 AM
The Indiana PBS station we get here is still showing the old episodes. The Chicago PBS channels have never carried it, as far as I can tell.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-30-2011, 10:02 AM
One of the 3 PBS stations showed Tim's show here for about 6 months and then it was gone.

Bob Bergstrom
07-30-2011, 7:12 PM
I just read on another forum that Wood Turning Workshop just won an Emmy July 23rd. I am tired of all the travel and cooking shows on PBS. Hope this helps them get the new season going.