PDA

View Full Version : HF 20% coupon at HD?

Dave Rathert
07-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Has anyone had any success using the HF 20% coupon at HD recently? I’ve heard of some folks getting Home Depot to take them in the past. I did a search on here but could only come up with a thread from 2009. Thanks for your help.

-Dave

Matt Meiser
07-22-2011, 10:22 AM
I got Lowes to take one on Black Friday last year, Home Depot last summer. With both, it depends on local management and possibly even the from manager-manager. I've had the closest Home Depot let me use them on a smaller purchase with nothing more than having someone from the service desk type in their code. I've also seem them debate amongst all the management currently in the store before making a decision.

shane lyall
07-22-2011, 10:27 AM
I got Lowes to take one last year by calling and asking if they would match competetor coupons. When I got there the mgr didn't like it and asked who I talked to. He said I had been quoted and they would take it but not an everyday thing for them.

dennis thompson
07-22-2011, 10:48 AM
I took one to Home Depot last year, spoke to the manager & he wouldn't take it, but he did give me 10% off
Dennis

Joe Angrisani
07-22-2011, 11:26 AM
I have a stack of Harbor Freight 20%ers in my car, and I use them all the time at the two Home Depots near me. I've had 20% taken off a Ridgid OSS that was already marked down. 20% off a Makita circular saw. 20% off a Bosch Colt that was on sale. 20% off a Bosch jigsaw. 20% off shovels and garden tools. 20% off ear muffs. 20% off a new level. Pretty much anything except lumber and bathtubs and things HF doesn't sell.

They also take Ace Hardware coupons which show up every 10" on the back of my supermarket reciepts. $5 off any $15 purchase, and $10 off $25, depending on the roll of receipt paper.

And they've even matched Menards fliers I've printed off Menard's website, dispite the first-closest Menards being 250 miles away and the second-closest almost 400 miles away.

Go for it, Dave. Don't take no for an answer.

Adam Gerlach
07-22-2011, 11:31 AM
I use the HF coupons all the time at a few Lowe's around here. They have never blinked twice about taking them. The HDs around my parts on the other hand rarely take them. If they do, they only give 10%. As previously mentioned YMMV based on location and manager.

Kurt Cady
07-22-2011, 12:54 PM
I once opened up the magazine at the checkout line, and tore out the coupon because I forgot mine. I was purchasing the Ridgid planer, so I got an $80 discount (minus the $5 cost of the magazine, of course)

Timothy Wolf
07-22-2011, 1:20 PM
I used one on a Saw blade at Lowes recently, The cashier had to ask for permission but it was approved no problem. If it had been more than $10 it might have been harder to approve but who knows?

Dave Rathert
07-22-2011, 5:25 PM
Thanks everyone for the confidence boost. I hope to try to use one Sunday for a Ridgid r4510. My old hand-me-down bench mount TS went belly up a few weeks ago so this would be a substantial, and timely, upgrade for me (and a $100.00 savings).

-D

Adam Gerlach
07-24-2011, 3:35 PM
One more bit of advice. Remember that most cashiers don't really care. A manager may or may not care. So, when you approach the cashier don't put any doubt in their head that maybe they should not take it. I have found if you go up and say "I have a competitor coupon" they will take it. If you come up and ask "Do you honor Harbor Freight coupons" they will almost always ask the manager when they may not of if you wouldn't have put that concern in their mind.

Matt Meiser
07-24-2011, 4:04 PM
Adam has good advice. That's the approach I've used and a few times they've asked if they've let me use them before.

David Nelson1
07-24-2011, 4:08 PM
I once opened up the magazine at the checkout line, and tore out the coupon because I forgot mine. I was purchasing the Ridgid planer, so I got an $80 discount (minus the $5 cost of the magazine, of course)

I was wonder what happen to that coupon.:D

Jon Prouty
07-26-2011, 3:16 PM
I used one on a window ac unit once... saved over a hundred bucks. Good luck!
Jon

Dave Rathert
07-26-2011, 11:10 PM
Well, I used the HF coupon today on the Ridgid 4510 at HD. Regular price is $499.00 and I got it for $399.20. It may not be the best saw in the world but it's a major upgrade for me. I'm thrilled!!! Add in the fact that LOML is taking our 15 month old to visit her parents for 11 days so I get two weekends and a full week of weeknights to play in the shop... Woo hoo!!!!I already have a Dewalt DW7657 blade on the way and I'm planning on making a super sled this weekend.Thanks for the advice all.-Dave

Paul Carlucci
08-04-2011, 11:47 AM
I managed to score the R4512 for just $398 including tax by using a HF 25% Fourth of July coupon. Dave, don't forget to sign up for that lifetime service agreement.

Thomas R. Zack
08-05-2011, 10:49 PM
and where do you get these HF coupons? Just print them off the HF web site or what? And it doesn't matter if it the same manufacturer?

Adam Gerlach
08-06-2011, 9:40 AM
and where do you get these HF coupons? Just print them off the HF web site or what? And it doesn't matter if it the same manufacturer?

They are in many magazines. I subscribe to This Old House Mag and there is a page of HF coupons in every issue. Sure makes the $5/year subscription worth it! Also check your Sunday paper. The Dayton Daily News here in Ohio has HF fliers almost every sunday. Just from these two sources I would say I have about tem 20% coupons in my wallet right now.

I've heard of others just picking up and buying a wood magazine at Lowes or HD and ripping the coupon out right there in front of the cashier.

Jay Runde
08-07-2011, 11:06 PM
There were 2 in our Sunday paper today, one in Parade and the other in USA today.

Myk Rian
08-08-2011, 8:04 AM
Popular Mechanics, AARP magazine. They're all over the place.

Fred Stellabotte
02-01-2013, 7:23 PM
Hi Folks,
I was able to use the HF coupon to get my new Ridgid Table Saw - R4512. I have heard that some folks have been denied because the HF exipred. As I understand it when the HF 20% is not on at HF, then HD will not accept. The HF 20% expired yesterday, so you might have a hard time with Home Depot right now.
Cheers..

-Fred

Jay Yoder
02-01-2013, 10:48 PM
I asked my local Blue BORG about it and the customer service associate didn't even bat an eye. Just wait until I drop the 20% off one item on a bandsaw or something else expensive :) then we shall see if they keep singing the same tune!

Greg Cuetara
02-02-2013, 10:51 AM
here is the latest HF coupon http://images.harborfreight.com/hftweb/campaigns/localmedia/general_february2013/images/21.jpg

in speaking of discount coupons has anyone ever tried using a rockler 20% off coupon at either of the borgs?

Joe Angrisani
02-02-2013, 11:07 AM
here is the latest HF coupon.....

Nope. HERE is the latest. 25% off!

Save the JPEG - print it out - save the money. Good through 3/12/13.

Greg Cuetara
02-02-2013, 12:35 PM
joe i stand corrected...thank you!