PDA

View Full Version : Alignement off and I can't get it back!!

Jim Beachler
07-21-2011, 4:56 PM
Have been using it for a couple of years now and have not had the lens head not move off the 32,0 mark. The other day I came in and now the red dot is a 32.065,0. I know that I can move the cutting table over to line it up but that is just a temporary fix.

Any ideas as to why it happened and how to fix it.

Rodne Gold
07-21-2011, 5:06 PM
The red beam is a separate system to the laser , it might have shifted albeit the laser might still be aligned. Loose mirrors or a small knock can misalign either system , check all the optics first. It might be just the red beam mirror thats an issue..not sure how your redf beam system works.

Bill Cunningham
07-21-2011, 8:17 PM
If you turn the red beam on and start to engrave something, it will be pretty obvious pretty quickly if their not in sinc.. Don't know how to calibrate the position on a ULS, my Epilog has it as a function of the main panel, and I can move the software to table position alignment by the thou.. I'm sure ULS will have something similar.. Tech support or your manual, if you still have it, should be able to supply the answers

Mike Mackenzie
07-21-2011, 8:19 PM
Jim,

If you are saying that the ZERO position of the cutting table does Not match your Laser Zero with the red pointer, Then it could be a couple of things.

First clean around the rulers on the solid table as well as the cutting table feet. The cutting table feet line up with the ruler so if something was between them it could give you this reaction.

Next check the red pointer to the solid table and see what you get. The rulers on the table can move over time and they could have shifted slightly.

If this is the case then you will have to loosen the rulers on the solid table and push the top ruler back and the left ruler to the left. Take some masking tape and place it on the table covering the area where the ruler was. Open your Corel and double click on the page then add a page frame. Print the page frame, focus to the tape and then cut it remove the back side of the cut tape and align your rulers to the tape on the table. snug the screws and then run your pointer around the rulers and fine tune if necessary then tighten the rulers. Then put your cutting table back in and check those rulers and adjust if necessary.

Jim Beachler
07-25-2011, 1:59 PM
thanks for the help. I have got it back on track.

Mike Null
07-25-2011, 3:30 PM
Jim

Please let us know how you did it.

Jim Beachler
07-26-2011, 5:27 PM
I followed the instructions from Mike above but when I moved the engraving table up to the proper height, everything was aligned properly. So I put the cutting table back in and it was off again. Looked at the feet of the cutting table and they were worn a little on one side. So I loosened them up and rotated them. Now everything lines up properly.