View Full Version : looking for this type of plate

Cindy Rhoades
07-21-2011, 5:37 PM
I am looking for this type of glazed plate for a customer, they normally get it from one of our local printing shops but like my work better since I would be able to use gold foil. Of course the printer will not give up his source so I am now on a mission. Has anyone out there seen these types of plates?

Dan Hintz
07-22-2011, 7:29 AM
No idea, but it's a nice looking plate, for sure. Are there any markings on the back?

Cindy Rhoades
07-22-2011, 9:17 AM
Dan -

There were no markings at all. The customer had two of them this one and one that was kind of purple, they are extremely nice, this pic was taken with camera on my phone so it does not do it justice at all. It is about 10 - 11 inches across. I will keep up my search but thought I would post on here to see if anyone had seen them before.

Mike Null
07-22-2011, 10:05 AM
When you say you could use gold foil are you talking about applying the foil to the plate? I'm having a hard time understanding your process.

Try RS Owens in Chicago.

Cindy Rhoades
07-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Mike -
Yes I believe I can apply the laser foil to the plate or I could probably do a color fill but I hate using color fill. Thanks for the tip I will check them out.

Dan Hintz
07-22-2011, 1:01 PM
Don't rule out the fact that his "source" could be a local artist... those are very artistic plates.

Martin Boekers
07-22-2011, 1:51 PM
Is it just a plate or is it mounted to something?

Cindy Rhoades
07-22-2011, 3:02 PM
it is just a plate, in the pic it is setting in a box. It is not a local artist I do know that much.