PDA

View Full Version : Heat got to me today....

Larry Edgerton
07-21-2011, 4:28 PM
I have been working 12's trying to get a job out of my shop and installed, but today the heat got to me. I used to live in south Texas, little heat should not bother me, but I got a little silly today.

I knew I should have quit when I was a little woozy a couple of times, and I could just not keep my thoughts organized today. I had to cut some aluminum parts so I changed blades on a miter saw to a non-ferrous. Went to make the first cut and plastic schrapnel went flying everywhere. BAM!

I had forgotten to tighten the bolt on the guard, and the plastic went in to the blade. I always go through the whole process again after I change a cutter or blade, but in my fatigued state I did not do my normal routine. BAM! Should have quit about two hours before I did.

So...... Where is a good place to order parts online for a Makita LS1220? I need this saw in the next week, and don't really want to buy another one, so they have to be fast.

Been up here by Canada too long, just a woose in the heat....

Larry

W Craig Wilson
07-21-2011, 6:50 PM
WATCH IT! - Fatigue from any source is DANGEROUS

That's how I had my too close encounter with TS blade - 'degloved' index finger and brok that and middle.

And I can tell you how many safety rules I violated to get there.

{Glad to hear you got away without damage.}