View Full Version : In my driveway

Bart Leetch
02-16-2005, 9:13 PM
Brown arrived at my door with a package from Taunton AKA as Fine Woodworking with a few books.
Gee this is fun I should have done it a long time ago. Half price sales :eek: are so much fun. :D

1.The Wood Sanding Book by Sander Nagyszakanczy
2. Water-Based Finishes by Andy Charron
3. Fine WoodWorking on Proven Shop Tips
4. The Workshop Book by Scott Landis
5. The Workbench Book by Scott Landis
6. The Toolbox Book by Jim Tolpin

I am trying to read the Water-based finish book but the books about workbenches, workshops & toolboxes keep drawing me back even though I've looked through copies of all 3 from the library. It sure is nice to have my own copies.

I wanted to know more about water-based finished because I prefer nontoxic hand applied finishes because the shop is in the same building as our business office which is right in front of the shop & smelly finishes don't go over to well & I really can't use a spray system because of the size of the shop & it seems from what experience I've had so far wipe on finishes are simpler.

Mike Cutler
02-17-2005, 5:23 AM
Now that's a gloat Bart. Knowledge is the key, and it looks as if your woodworking library just got alot better. Books 1&2 are really good, with those two you'll have a lot less final finish questions ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
02-17-2005, 9:44 AM
Bart on the last day of the sale, I bought 5 books from Taunton too! Congrats! First books I've bought from them but I'm impressed with the quality of material!

Jeff Sudmeier
02-17-2005, 9:46 AM
I have their joinery book, it is a great book! Wish I would have known about the sale, I would have probably picked up some more.

Darn :)

Congrats on the books!

Bart Leetch
02-17-2005, 11:49 AM
Wow must be a record 231 views before an answer. :eek:

I was beginning to think no one here reads books anymore. :D

But I knew better eletronic communication is great but man look at all those pictures & no picture police.

I'll keep an eye out over at Fine Woodworking for sales & if its ok post here when one is happening.

Ken I purchased my books on the morning of the 1st too.

I almost didn't buy them because I was undecided, but thought oh heck I'll only live once & I like good books. :D