PDA

View Full Version : Any Bosch GTS1031 Job site Table Saw owners here?

Craig McCormick
07-20-2011, 9:22 AM
Good morning all,

As I go through some huge life changes I will no longer have space for my contractors table saw. I'm looking at the new Bosch GTS 1031. Hoping someone here can give their hands on opinion. I wont even have room for the larger Bosch job site saw.

Thanks,

Craig

John M Wilson
07-20-2011, 10:51 AM
Pretty good review on a website run by a fellow creeker:

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/bschpottablswrvu.html

I have purchased several tools recommended by Tom Hintz and have found his reviews to be a good snapshot of how the tool actually performs.

Good Luck!

Craig McCormick
07-21-2011, 8:12 PM
John,

Thanks for he link. Looks like ill buy one in the next week or so.

Craig

John M Wilson
07-21-2011, 9:54 PM
After you cut a few boards, let us know how it went!

Peter Scoma
07-21-2011, 11:17 PM
I have the Bosch 4100 and let me tell you it is a beast for a portable saw. Itll cut 8/4 maple like nothing and ive most recently made some rips in 12/4 white oak stock for my bench with no issues. Assuming the bones are the same, im sure its a great saw.

PJS

Craig McCormick
07-27-2011, 7:48 AM
I received my Bosch table saw yesterday and set it up after work. I ordered it from Amazon on Sunday and received it on Tuesday of the same week. No one stocked the saw locally. It took about an hour to unpack, assemble, and check adjustment. The quality is good and very little adjustment was needed.

The modular blade guard system is cool. The anti kick back prawls, and the guard are separate with tool-less removal and on board secure storage after removal.

52lbs is reasonable to carry around. You can carry it like a suitcase with the side handle. As I do less woodworking and more remodeling this saw will do all I ask of it. There is also a good possibility I will be losing my shop space in the next year or so and this saw will store nicely in a two stall garage.

I ran a few pieces of 3/4" stock through it and was pleased with the performance. I would say at this point the negative reviews on Amazon are uncalled for. I have owned 12 table saws in my lifetime ranging from $100 to $7000.00 and this saw is a very good value in its price range.

I like the idea of the riving knife and that it can be stored and carried like a suitcase. This is the first saw where I've considered keeping the blade guard.
I don't care for the quality of the miter gauge, but it looks like my Incra may fit.

I'll try to run some 4/4 maple through it and test the dust collection with a shop vac this weekend.

More later,

Craig McCormick