PDA

View Full Version : Another Creeker Meeting - Steven Carter!

John Keeton
07-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Steve contacted me a month or so ago and indicated he was going to be in Shelbyville KY for a conference and would like to stop by. That date got canceled on him, but it was rescheduled for Wednesday and Thursday of this week. So, this afternoon Steve stopped by and had supper with us, and we talked about shop some, and life itself, along with a host of other things. Had a great time! Steve is a super nice fellow, really informed, and someone you feel like you have known for years - but, then, I find most woodturners to be that way!

Thanks, Steve, for taking the time to go out of your way to spend some time with us! Although, it did force me to clean up the shop for your visit!;):rolleyes::D Well, I did have to clean the windows!

Bernie Weishapl
07-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Creeker visits are the best. Glad to see you two made it work.

John, windows??? REALLY:rolleyes:;)

Roger Chandler
07-19-2011, 10:24 PM
Way Cool Guys!!! :cool::cool::cool:

Steve Schlumpf
07-19-2011, 10:30 PM
John - glad to see that you and Steve were finally able to meet and spend some time together!! Great photo!

David E Keller
07-19-2011, 11:12 PM
That's great that you two got to spend a little time talking turning! Steve, did he make you take your shoes off when you entered the shop?

Ken Fitzgerald
07-19-2011, 11:48 PM
Congrats to both of you! I haven't been disappointed with a Creeker visit yet!

charlie knighton
07-20-2011, 10:14 AM
great event, what kind of rack does John have for your shoes??? does he supply booties or slippers? glad yall could get together

Roger Chandler
07-20-2011, 10:31 AM
that's great that you two got to spend a little time talking turning! Steve, did he make you take your shoes off when you entered the shop?

Thats funny!!! :D:D:D

Jamie Donaldson
07-20-2011, 10:55 AM
Cleaned the windows! That allows in the direct harsh rays of the sun, rather than the nice diffused glow I prefer, aided by the layers of spiderwebs, etc.:D

Harry Robinette
07-20-2011, 9:13 PM
Gee Steve did you slip on the waxed floor, gota watch these cleaning types.
Really hope you had a good time.

steven carter
07-20-2011, 9:46 PM
That's great that you two got to spend a little time talking turning! Steve, did he make you take your shoes off when you entered the shop?

Actually, when John opened the door to the shop and I looked in, I asked if I should put on some of those foot booties that surgeons wear, and a mask over my face!

Seriously, though I would like to thank John and his wonderful wife for a great meal and conversation. I was a great to see and handle some of the turnings John has made and posted here on the creek. As impressive as they are when we view them here, I must say seeing them in person is much more impressive! I am sure that those of you that have met John will agree that you could search far and wide and still not find a more genuine guy, and in a short time it seems like you have known him for forever. If you haven't met John and you get the opportunity to, don't pass it up.