PDA

View Full Version : Oneida in the house

Mark Duksta
02-16-2005, 7:09 PM
I couldn't wait any longer. I was tempteted to buy a new Grizzly cyclone, but I didn't want to wait. Here are a few pictures. I'll post more as I progress.

Everything was packaged very well.

Mark D.

Mark Duksta
02-16-2005, 7:12 PM
Sorry about the double post on that last pic. Here's what it should have been.

Mark

Jim Becker
02-16-2005, 7:35 PM
Congratulations!! (Your "shop assistant" seems concerned that you are taking a picture of him/her....)

Andy London
02-16-2005, 8:30 PM
Congrads, It's one sweet machine....and I love the dog!!!

Mike Cutler
02-16-2005, 8:36 PM
Nice machine. You did well for yourself. The dog is too cool, from the paw prints on the floor it appears he was checking out your new toys.

lou sansone
02-16-2005, 10:14 PM
nice machine....I have had mine for about 3-4 years ...no problem and made in the usa

Christopher Stahl
02-17-2005, 12:40 AM
Great buy. Which model is it?

chris

Frank Pellow
02-17-2005, 4:11 AM
Congratulations! It certainly looks like the componenets will be well guarded awaiting their installation. :)

Karl Laustrup
02-17-2005, 6:08 AM
Nice unit, Mark. Looks like 2 HP commercial unit. Mine still waits in boxes for weather so I can build a shed for it and my compressor outside of the garage. I haven't even ordered the ducting yet.

Take pics through the install would you?

I think you made a wise choice. :D

Mark Duksta
02-17-2005, 7:42 AM
It's the 2HP Commercial. I'll start putting it up this weekend. Oneida has my shop layout right now. I'm waiting to see their design. I'll be using 6" S&D for the ducting.

That's my dog, Riley. She likes to hang out in the shop when I'm out there but sure causes a ruckus when I use the nail gun.

Mark

Jeff Sudmeier
02-17-2005, 8:33 AM
Mark,

Congrats on the new Cyclone, I am sure that it will serve you well. Be sure to keep us posted on the instalation, should help all of us who want a cylcone "some day" :)

Kelly C. Hanna
02-17-2005, 8:36 AM
Did they send the dog to help with the installation?? Nice gloat! Have fun putting it together!!

Jim Dunn
02-17-2005, 8:44 AM
Mark nice machine I'm sure you'll love it. I personally have a Jet canister type DC as a cyclone was too tall and bulky for my small basement shop.

Now a question. Does your dog go running for the hills when you start any machines? Mine trembles like he's the next thing to be run thru the table saw. If I'm finishing or marking up he looks at me for a movement towards the saw, then runs for cover:)

Mark Duksta
02-17-2005, 9:06 AM
She doesn't mind the tablesaw. We'll see about the dust collector. When I use a nail gun she barks at it like crazy. Does NOT like that.

Mark

Jim Dunn
02-17-2005, 9:18 AM
Yeah mine both hate the noise in the shop. The little one (the wife's) pee's if she can't get out and the bigger one (mine) hides under the stool. And yet they both attack the vacume cleaner:)

Steven Wilson
02-17-2005, 2:06 PM
It's the 2HP Commercial. I'll start putting it up this weekend. Oneida has my shop layout right now. I'm waiting to see their design. I'll be using 6" S&D for the ducting.

The inlet on your 2HP Commercial is 7". I suggest that you use 7" metal duct until the first branch and then transition to 6" S&D if you have to use PVC. Your cyclone will perform better with 7" for the first few feet.

Karl Laustrup
02-17-2005, 2:51 PM
The inlet on your 2HP Commercial is 7". I suggest that you use 7" metal duct until the first branch and then transition to 6" S&D if you have to use PVC. Your cyclone will perform better with 7" for the first few feet.
Steven is right. You need to run 7", optimally, if possible for about 5' out of the DC, but no more than 10'. Each drop to a tool would be 6" and should go to as close to the tool as possible before transitioning to a smaller diameter.

Ted Shrader
02-17-2005, 3:01 PM
Mark -

Congrats on the DC. I am still on hold for the Grizzly comparison, but the trigger finger is getting real itchy.

What size filter is that next to the shop dog? 39"? Does it include the silencer. Which shipper showed up at your door with all those boxes?

Comments on the assembly will be appreciated.

Ted
ps Sent you a PM.

Greg Narozniak
02-17-2005, 3:31 PM
Looks just like mine when it was delivered!

I still remember my wife saying as Fed Ex backed into the driveway "Are you expecting someing big from Fed Ex" :)

Congrats

Mark Duksta
02-17-2005, 4:12 PM
Ted,

I think the filter is a 39". I'll have to check. The 2HP Commercial comes with a silencer. It's built into the pipe that goes to the filter. I'll post a pic later this afternoon after I get home. I also ordered a remote control switch. FedEx delivered everything. As soon as Oneida shipped, they sent tracking numbers. The filter came in a day after the first shipment of five boxes.

I'm waiting for Oneida to do the ductwork design. I'll be following their design as closely as I can, 7" reduced to 6" etc. I sent the shop layout in by mail last Friday. I have not heard anything from them yet. So far they've been great to deal with.

Mark

greg kurtock
02-17-2005, 9:02 PM
I think the inlet on the 2hp com. may be too small ;)

Trying to upload a picture...first time...let's see if this works.

Jim Becker
02-17-2005, 9:05 PM
Just don't run it too long that way, Greg...you really need a bit 'o pipe on it!

greg kurtock
02-18-2005, 12:53 PM
Just don't run it too long that way, Greg...you really need a bit 'o pipe on it!
I put it on there as a restrictor for the initial tests, for that very reason. BTW, wide open, it drew 11.5A, with the 2x4, it pulled 10A right on the nose, and pulled the empty drum off the floor. At 10A, the motor only became warm to the touch after 10-15 minutes continuous.