PDA

View Full Version : Dylos group buy forms

keith denbesten
07-19-2011, 9:46 AM
News update. The last group purchase was in 2008 and was for 110 units. If we can top that we get an extra 2% on top of all the stated discounts. So tell your friends and anyone else who may be interested to step up and make an order. Don't forget to mention Sawmill Creek group purchase.

They should put the original price because we don't know how many units will be ordered. When the group buy ends I'll send you a total along with a spreadsheet of all the names and which unit they purchased. You will check this aganist your list. Once we're sure that we have everyone included, you post the total units sold and the price for each unit. This way everyone will know what their cost is. Then I come up with a shipping schedule and email that to you so everyone will know approximately when they will receive their units. I'll email when I ship the tracking numbers to them. Viola! that's how we'll do it.

I have 10 PM's from those ready to purchase. Hopefully the rest that have said they will buy will step up. (and more will follow) We are close to the 25 unit discount point so we need all that have stated an interest to follow through. Here is the form and the details one more time. I wanted to start a new thread so it would be easier to find.
The cut off date is August 8, 2011

After you have filled out and sent in your order form, send me a PM so I can make sure we all get counted for the discount.

I have attached pricing and an order form. What we did previously is anyone who places an order with me via fax also emails you to let you know they placed an order and which unit they ordered. (They can purchase as many units as they wish during this group buy). This gives me the ability to check my orders against your emails of confirmed orders before we close the group buy to make sure everyone is counted. Once I know how many orders I have I can email you the information and you can let them know. You can also let them know when we are approaching a discount level which may encourage them to get their buddies involved so they can reach that level (50, 100). This requires work on your side to energize the woodworkers to place their orders.

We are going to set the cut-off date for August 8th, which is three weeks to get orders. If there are any questions about which unit is best to work for woodworkers, it has been determined by tests performed by the CEO and Engineer that the PRO series (PRO, PRO PC & DC1700) are the best for the size particles that are created from within the woodworkers environment. Here is a link to our website regarding these tests: http://dylosproducts.com/wocrandshair.html.

Also we will provide any technical support needed once the units are shipped. We also have our software on the website that is free to download. Please note the DC1700 does not use this software it uses a free program called PuTTY http://www.putty.org/.

keith denbesten
07-19-2011, 6:46 PM
There have been a few questions about shipping. I just received this response.

We ship UPS in the USA, outside the USA we ship USPS because it is the cheapest. We only charge what UPS charges us and with USPS we charge approximately $2 over the cost as we have to deliver these to the post office.

David Hostetler
07-21-2011, 10:47 AM
How do we identify to Dylos that we are part of the group buy?

keith denbesten
07-21-2011, 2:24 PM
Yes, it would be good to put a little note to that effect on the order form. I'll be matching the list of PM's I receive with Dylos's orders to be sure we are all included. It will be most helpful if the list matches first time around. Thanks for asking!

keith denbesten
07-25-2011, 3:05 PM
Hopefully everyone that said they are going to order have. For anyone on the fence now is the time to jump in and order. I'll be checking in with Dylos next Monday 1 Aug. to see where we are. The deadline is 8 Aug. 2011

keith denbesten
07-28-2011, 7:07 PM
OK Folks I just checked with Dylos and we only have 14 orders in at this time. As you all know we need 25 just to get to the first price break. I have only heard from 1 Guy that needed to back out. Let's get those orders in ASAP. Thanks

David Nelson1
07-28-2011, 8:15 PM
I'll call mine in tomorrow, then PM you to confirm it. I got no stinking Fax machine here @ the house. I meant to do while I was @ work yesterday. Gotta love a working vacation.

Rick Prosser
08-01-2011, 9:41 AM
Sent my order in (FAX) today. PM sent as well.

thanks

PS - Have other forums been advised that they can join the group buy?

keith denbesten
08-01-2011, 10:31 AM
No Rick, but thats a great idea. I'm not on any other forums. Any and all of you that feel inclined, post the info where ever it makes sence and remind them to say " Sawmill Creek" . Thanks in advance

Robert Payne
08-01-2011, 5:14 PM
Thanks to Rick Prosser, I saw this on the ClearVue Cyclones Forum and I am faxing my order to Dylos this afternoon for a DC1100 Pro w/ PC Interface. Hope we achieve the discount target.

I have also posted this notice on another woodworking forum (NCWoodworker.net)

Dan Hintz
08-01-2011, 6:38 PM
BTW, Keith, I didn't mention anything on my fax order about SMC... I figured the price would take care of that (as well as your email list), so...

keith denbesten
08-01-2011, 7:54 PM
Dan and anyone else who did not put sawmill creek on their form. I would be helpful if you could send a followup fax just saying it's a followup and to add your name to our group buy. Thanks, It will just be helpful when I have to go over the orders with Dylos.

Also a big thanks to Rick Prosser for posting on the clearvue site.

Bud Millis
08-01-2011, 10:59 PM
Keith,

I'll pull the trigger in the next day or two - look like its going to be for the DC-1100 Pro with PC interface. As soon as I do I will shoot you a pm.

Thomas Hotchkin
08-02-2011, 12:09 AM
Keith, I send you a PM earlier today that I would fax in my order tomorrow, for DC1100PRO w/PC, this is just a follow message if you missed PM. Thanks again for all your time you put into this. Tom

Ed Jolin
08-02-2011, 7:49 PM
PM sent.
Thank you-

Paul McGaha
08-04-2011, 8:48 AM
PM sent and thank you.

PHM

Roger VanderPlaats
08-05-2011, 6:14 PM
Faxed order in today. PM sent. Thanks again Keith.
Roger

keith denbesten
08-06-2011, 9:38 AM
NEWS FLASH... WE HAVE PASSED THE 25 #. So any of you on the fence, NOW YOUR CHANCE to see how well your dust collection efforts are really working. Tuesday's the deadline, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

keith denbesten
08-08-2011, 6:04 PM
OK Guys and Gals

Tomorrow is the last day! Let's get those last minute orders in. Don't be left sittin on the fence. We are over 25 units. We can get to 50 if a few more of you get your orders in soon.

These are the numbers from Dylos, I have not yet checked to see that we are all counted.

DC1100 - 1
DC1100 w/PC - 0
DC1100 PRO - 9
DC1100 PRO w/PC - 16
DC1700 - 1

TOTAL UNITS: 27

News update. The last group purchase was in 2008 and was for 110 units. If we can top that we get an extra 2% on top of all the stated discounts. So tell your friends and anyone else who may be interested to step up and make an order. Don't forget to mention Sawmill Creek group purchase.

They should put the original price because we don't know how many units will be ordered. When the group buy ends I'll send you a total along with a spreadsheet of all the names and which unit they purchased. You will check this aganist your list. Once we're sure that we have everyone included, you post the total units sold and the price for each unit. This way everyone will know what their cost is. Then I come up with a shipping schedule and email that to you so everyone will know approximately when they will receive their units. I'll email when I ship the tracking numbers to them. Viola! that's how we'll do it.

I have 10 PM's from those ready to purchase. Hopefully the rest that have said they will buy will step up. (and more will follow) We are close to the 25 unit discount point so we need all that have stated an interest to follow through. Here is the form and the details one more time. I wanted to start a new thread so it would be easier to find.
The cut off date is August 8, 2011

After you have filled out and sent in your order form, send me a PM so I can make sure we all get counted for the discount.

I have attached pricing and an order form. What we did previously is anyone who places an order with me via fax also emails you to let you know they placed an order and which unit they ordered. (They can purchase as many units as they wish during this group buy). This gives me the ability to check my orders against your emails of confirmed orders before we close the group buy to make sure everyone is counted. Once I know how many orders I have I can email you the information and you can let them know. You can also let them know when we are approaching a discount level which may encourage them to get their buddies involved so they can reach that level (50, 100). This requires work on your side to energize the woodworkers to place their orders.

We are going to set the cut-off date for August 8th, which is three weeks to get orders. If there are any questions about which unit is best to work for woodworkers, it has been determined by tests performed by the CEO and Engineer that the PRO series (PRO, PRO PC & DC1700) are the best for the size particles that are created from within the woodworkers environment. Here is a link to our website regarding these tests: http://dylosproducts.com/wocrandshair.html.

Also we will provide any technical support needed once the units are shipped. We also have our software on the website that is free to download. Please note the DC1700 does not use this software it uses a free program called PuTTY http://www.putty.org/.

Dan Hintz
08-09-2011, 6:22 AM
I'm surprised the majority went with the Pro w/PC connection... I expected on a few getting that one, with the remainder mostly the non-PC version. I guess people want to really keep a running tab on what's happening in the shop!

David Nelson1
08-09-2011, 9:07 AM
I'm surprised the majority went with the Pro w/PC connection... I expected on a few getting that one, with the remainder mostly the non-PC version. I guess people want to really keep a running tab on what's happening in the shop!

Nope just a good ole case of OCD!:D

Rick Prosser
08-09-2011, 12:49 PM

I kept trying to come up with a good reason to get the PC connection, but just could not think of a long term need.

Rick Prosser
09-29-2011, 3:28 PM
I have been experimenting with my new unit, and I am wondering if the calibration is off.

I run over 1000 on the small particles reading most everywhere.

In my home
In the yard
In the shop

It goes up higher when the dust is disturbed, but never goes much below 1000.

According to the chart, this is in the Fair/Poor range.

Is everyone getting lower counts with their unit?

Getting concerned about my air quality...:eek:

Rod Sheridan
09-29-2011, 4:36 PM
Hi Rick, I'm running about 500 in the shop with nothing on, shop unused for a day or two.

It drops to the 150 range if I run my cyclone for 5 to 10 minutes.............Rod.

John Coloccia
09-29-2011, 5:01 PM
I have been experimenting with my new unit, and I am wondering if the calibration is off.

I run over 1000 on the small particles reading most everywhere.

In my home
In the yard
In the shop

It goes up higher when the dust is disturbed, but never goes much below 1000.

According to the chart, this is in the Fair/Poor range.

Is everyone getting lower counts with their unit?

Getting concerned about my air quality...:eek:

My counts skyrocket when I open the door. My shop is probably the healthiest room in the house.

Shawn Russell
10-10-2011, 9:34 PM
Is there a chance another group buy is going to be organized? Or if anyone has backed out, I am willing to take their place.

Cheers

Peter Perrello
10-10-2011, 9:44 PM
I am interested in purchasing also.