PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a tool restored by Wiktor @ WKFine Tools?

Tim Null
07-18-2011, 2:23 PM
I read a blog entry on the UnPlugged site where the writer had sent a Millers
Falls #2 to an unnamed vendor to restore. He did not state who it was, but it sounded like Wiktor. I am not trying to slur his name, I have only heard good things so far. I was thinking about sending a 1530A to him to restore. I emailed him, but have not heard back yet. I know it takes a while to get a response, he must be busy or he only checks emails every so often.

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience in using his services. I am hoping that the blogger did not use Wiktor and that everyone's experiences have been positive. The blogger waited a year and his drill came back with a broken cap. This does not sound like Wiktor to me, from what I have read about him. Just trying to do a little research before I shell out the dough for a restore.

Thanks guys.

Archie England
07-18-2011, 3:06 PM
yes, Wiktor has fixed two hand drills for me: a MF #2 and a Stanley Handyman. Wiktor does great work. That was a few years back. I bought another that needed fixing and called him. He responded about two weeks later. Now, he's backed up nearly 18 months. Whew! That's a lot of vintage tools being re-crafted by a genuine master!!!! Wiktor's not cheap; but he's excellent--worth the wait and the money.

alan seredick
07-18-2011, 4:38 PM
I have a drill and a bit brace on order from Mr. Kuc. I cannot speak on his restoration skills, but all of the correspondence I have had with him has been prompt and courteous. If the quality of work is as good as the quality of service (and I am led to believe it is), then the drills should be excellent! For those of you considering using Mr. Kuc's services ... he has indicated that although the waiting list is long, the drills will be shipped to me within 18 to 20 weeks, not months.

Tim Null
07-18-2011, 7:04 PM
Thanks for the replies. I am glad your experiences have been positive.

Sean Hughto
07-18-2011, 7:07 PM
Wiktor did fine by me:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3188/2920785542_54b2264558_z.jpg

Sean Hughto
07-18-2011, 7:14 PM
Oh yeah, I think he did this one too:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3120/2730027965_b6b5b07e21.jpg

"Michael Hinkel"
07-19-2011, 11:23 AM
No problems having him restore an old hand drill. The drill came back looking new and correspondence with him was fine.