PDA

View Full Version : Help! -- What is this? [Edit: Solved]

Keith Weber
07-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Due to my work situation, lately, I don't get much more than a week to see my shop every other month or so. As such, I can never remember where I left anything when I get back to the shop. I'm also in the process of building a new shop and slowly moving stuff out of the old one, which doesn't help matters. I found this in my old shop, sitting on top of my Jet Benchtop Oscillating Spindle Sander. That doesn't mean that it came off the sander -- that's just where it was sitting. I looked around, and for the life of me, I can't figure out what it came off of.

Anyone see one of these, or have an idea what it might be? Machines that are apart right now are my Laguna 16" Bandsaw and my Jet 6" jointer, but that doesn't mean it came from either of these. It appears like the two bolts go into the hole and the U-shaped slot. On the opposite side to the 3 washers is a nut welded to the piece. Maybe its from my Woodcraft grinder shield which is at my new shop. I have no idea, but it looks important!

Keith

david brum
07-18-2011, 11:01 AM
That looks a lot like the internal blade guard bracket that came with my Shop Fox cabinet saw.

Keith Weber
07-18-2011, 12:17 PM
Wow, David - you're good! I looked it up in the Grizzly G1023SL online parts manual. That's exactly what it was! About 5 years ago, I bought a Biesemeyer Removable Splitter, and finally got around to installing it about 6 months ago. The sander is right beside the saw, so it was a convenient place to set the old parts that I didn't need. I would have never guessed that one. Instead, I would have saved the old parts -- all the time wondering what machine I was running with missing parts! I better hurry up and get my new shop complete and organized before I can't remember anything. Better yet, I'd better throw out those parts before I end up wondering where these parts belong again in another 6 months.

Thanks for the help!

Answer in 23 minutes -- I love this site!