PDA

View Full Version : Pens and more

John Spitters
07-17-2011, 5:23 PM
I've been a bit busy lately trying to turn pens etc. that will be given as gifts when we head to China next week, I also had a request from my wife's brother inlaw who is a CEO for Haliburton Corp. in China to turn pens for him to give as gifts as well. Of course he has offered to pay a very fair price for them :)
So far I have turned 6 Triton Roller ball pens done with Spalted Curly Maple and 5 Sierra's in both Titanium Gold and Titanium Platinum, with Birch burl, I still have another 7 of these to make. All pens have a C.A. finish applied.

I also made a few bracelets ( Maple & maple/walnut) and a smaller platter 12" from a piece of Quilted Maple. Still need to put on a few more coats of finish on these pieces though.

John

Jim Burr
07-17-2011, 5:29 PM
Nice work Jon! Triton/Jr Gent/Baron is one of my 3 fav's. I'm tired of pens for the week...sold 6 custom orders and have 8 more for next week. The platter is beautiful too!

Marc Himes
07-17-2011, 5:45 PM
Very nice, all of it. The pens are really classy. Have those sets been good as far as comfort and wear? They look great.

Bernie Weishapl
07-17-2011, 7:03 PM
Great looking pieces. The pens are a classy bunch for sure. Well done.

David E Keller
07-17-2011, 7:05 PM
Nicely done and congrats on the sales! Love that birch burl!

Donny Lawson
07-18-2011, 6:46 AM
John, those are some great looking pens,bracelets. The plate has some nice figure. You have been very busy.

James Combs
07-18-2011, 8:08 AM
There is a lot of work in those and they all look worth it. Some really nice wood and hardware. The recipients will be really pleased.

Mack Cameron
07-18-2011, 12:03 PM
Nice work Jon! Triton/Jr Gent/Baron is one of my 3 fav's. I'm tired of pens for the week...[quote]sold 6 custom orders and have 8 more for next week.
Lucky guy there, Jim! I can't make a pen sale to save my life!:D