PDA

View Full Version : My latest tool addiction.

Tony Shea
07-17-2011, 3:29 PM

I'm not sure why but lately have been realling interested in Japanese woodworking tools, specifically planes and chisels. I have yet to realling get into their saws. Still really like the feel of my western saws. There is something about the aura of Japanese blades and the craftsmanship involved in making them that really catches my fancy. Just thought I'd share my latest tool endevour with the fellow tool addicts.

The planes are both Tsunesaboro, which have been absolutely awesome. They took very little work to get them tuned up. Just a bit of work on the beds to get the blades to poke through and work on the blades themselves. Japanese plane blades are an absolute dream to sharpen. Such a large bevel and great feedback on the waterstones.

The dovetail chisels are Koyamaichi's, an Ioyori blue steel, and 2 Imai bench chisels. The large bench chisel is also Koyamaichi.

Frank Carnevale
07-17-2011, 3:42 PM
There are worse addictions :) Nice start to your collection there.

Terry Beadle
07-18-2011, 11:28 AM
Those are some real beauties ! This qualifies as a gloat...pure and simple! Is envy green?....what's that strange color on my hands?

I'm curious as to the differences in the two kana. Is one set up for jack work and the other for smoother or?

Great selection....call your self Lucky!