PDA

View Full Version : New Old Rig

Pete Jordan
07-16-2011, 10:26 PM
I bought the Oneway hollowing rig when I was married and had money about 4 years ago. I used it about 2 times and put it away. I was going to get back to it when I became a better turner. Not that I have improved that much but I thought I might as well use it anyway. I was talking to Steve the other day and he said I should post photos. It is very well engineered like all Oneway products.

Roger Chandler
07-16-2011, 10:29 PM
Yep...........that's a sturdy sucker!

Nate Davey
07-17-2011, 9:03 AM
Battleship comes to mind. Nice looking form too.

Jeff Nicol
07-17-2011, 9:24 AM
That thing is "Massive" looks like you would need a crane to set it in place when you wanted to use it! But you will never wear it out in a hundred years! It is always nice to have lots of tools and accesories at hand for any project that come up,

Have fun with it now,

Jeff

Faust M. Ruggiero
07-17-2011, 9:27 AM
Oneway is an amazing company. It seems everything they build is high quality. I own some Mastercut bowl gouges and handles and they are among my favorites. I used a friend's Oneway coring system last week and it was easy to use, even the first time. Of course, I was under his tutelage every step of the way. I also use their face plates and curved tool rests.I believe the only reason we don't see more of their accessories may be due to the cost. I will eventually buy the coring system but the base and two large cutters with tool posts are almost six bills. The hollowing system you own appears to be another of their well engineered and ruggedly built tools. I know there must be more out there but you are the first person I know that owns one. Thanks for posting the pix. More drooling on the keyboard.
faust

Baxter Smith
07-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Interesting setup. Definitely built to last.

wes murphy
07-17-2011, 1:10 PM
It should sure enough be steady

Steve Schlumpf
07-17-2011, 1:22 PM
Pete - that looks about about beefy as they come! You'll have to let us know how well you like using it after you have had a chance to really put it to work!

For all those folks interested in checking out the specs on this system: Oneway Hollowing System (http://www.oneway.ca/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=31&Itemid=2)

Tim Thiebaut
07-17-2011, 2:18 PM
That certianly has some bulk to it, I imagine you could hollow a fairly deep vessel with that one.