PDA

View Full Version : powermatic 66 slider parts list

Joe McAskill
07-16-2011, 1:50 PM
Hi all, first time post. I just picked up an old powermatic 66 with a slider. Does anybody know where I can get an original parts list. I want to see what kind of fence attachment they had on the slider. It also has a strange fence on the main table. I have attached some pictures.

Chip Lindley
07-16-2011, 3:26 PM
Hi Joe,
A really nice PM66 you got there! Especially for an '81 model! One of the most complete original versions I've seen! That's PM's "commercial" rip fence on your TS. And, I see it has the big, wide cast iron extension table to the right. Those are few and far between.

For more information, go over to OWWM (http://owwm.org/viewforum.php?f=1), join the forum and pick their collective brains for info. Those guys thrive on old machinery. (this is new compared to lots of theirs) They can point you in the right direction for info on the sliding attachment.

~~Chip~~

Joe McAskill
07-16-2011, 3:40 PM
Thanks Chip,
I got this and a nice 8" jointer. Just finished cutting up a lift of melamine for a job, and it was much easier then pushing it through the unisaw.
Joe

John Nesmith
07-16-2011, 4:50 PM
That rip fence is bizarre.

Frank Drew
07-16-2011, 6:22 PM
That rip fence is bizarre.

It's similar to the fine adjustment fences offered on Oliver, Tannewitz, et al. table saws.

David Nelson1
07-16-2011, 6:27 PM
That certainly is one heck of a saw.

David Kumm
07-16-2011, 11:41 PM
That is a rare saw. No pictures of any on vintagemachinery.com. Slider is similar to the Rockwell 12 panel saw. Looks to be left tilt which is unusual for a slider. Since it looks to be original you should post it on vintage website. There is real love for PM over there. Nice find, Dave