PDA

View Full Version : Jet mini stand with extension question

Carole Valentine
02-15-2005, 11:52 PM
Put my stand together tonight and while waiting for the replacement bed extension to arrive I was playing with the defective one to see how it mounted to the stand. My question is about mounting the tailstock end of the bed extension to the stand...do you just leave the leveling legs on and let them rest on the stand? It doesn't fit right with them out but I can't see any way to secure the extension to the stand at the tailstock end with them on. I must be missing something here! :confused:

Scott Loven
02-16-2005, 12:22 PM
I got an extension for the jet mini from Amazon that I sent back. It wouldnt mate to the mini using the clip that they provided+the bed was very dark and looked to be full of carbon. What was wrong with yours?
Scott

Carole Valentine
02-16-2005, 4:25 PM
I got an extension for the jet mini from Amazon that I sent back. It wouldnt mate to the mini using the clip that they provided+the bed was very dark and looked to be full of carbon. What was wrong with yours?
Scott The holes were 3/32" off so I couldn't align it properly with the main bed. The bottom inside corners of the ways were sharp, not beveled like the ways on the Mini and they prevented a smooth slide of the tailstock over the joint, which was really aggravating. The bed is also very dark and the paint is not anywhere near the "Jet Off-white" of the Mini, but that didn't bother me too much...I needed functionality. I have been fiddling with it while I wait for the new one from Jet since they told me to use this one as a boat anchor! After much filing and tinkering, it is semi-usable, but still aggravating. Sure hope the replacement is better. I hate to buy something new and have to jury-rig it.:mad: