PDA

View Full Version : Storing useful threads

Jeff Monson
07-13-2011, 5:41 PM
I'm wondering how you organizied persons store useful threads. I've mainly gone off of memory, and the search engine here, but there has to be a better way. Can one have different folders and store them there? and to what format would you store it? Just looking for some advice as there many threads I'd like to have saved in some sort of organized fashion.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-13-2011, 5:43 PM
Jeff....what I do is subscribe to those threads that I feel have important information using the Thread Tools button at the top of the thread of interest. Then it's just a matter of going to your personal settings and select "List Subscriptions" under the Subscriptions menu.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-13-2011, 5:45 PM
and I just noticed you can create folders under Subscriptions to file them via different subject matter, etc.

Lee Ludden
07-14-2011, 11:31 PM
I use a program called Evernote. It lets me clip items off of web pages and keeps it available in its own database, with links back to the original. The free version is fine for most people, but even if you have to pay, it is still quite reasonable. It helps me keep all of my electronic data organized and in one place.

Jim Koepke
07-15-2011, 12:53 PM
Often for an interesting thread, I will click and drag the URL to a folder or an open document page if I want to add notes.

There are likely many ways to do this to suit the preferences of anyone who wants to do so.

jtk

Ole Anderson
07-20-2011, 10:34 AM
Guys, you are making this way too hard. That is exactly what "favorites" are for. Just click the "add to favorites" box, create a new folder and subfolder if you want to stay organized, "Woodworking/Finishing" for example and rename the link to something that makes sense. And if you want to save login info just add username and password (or a PW hint) to the name and when you login, click the "remember me" box.

I have folders under favorites for each of my interests, including; Boat, Snowmobile, Jeep, RV, Computer, Entertainment, Church, Photography, Woodworking (of course) and so on. Hmm, never really looked at how any hobbies I have, guess I better add the DW to the list, no wonder she complains I don't spend enough time with her.