PDA

View Full Version : Reci Tube ???

Alexa Ristow
07-13-2011, 6:12 AM
Hi All,

In Rodney's 5 star posts about his new Chinese lasers he mentions that one of them is RECI tubed. He also mentions that this machine also had a specific power supply to go with the RECI tube.

I went onto the RECI website but it is very sparse on information. I wonder if someone can tell me what the advantages are of the RECI tube other than its life span and why you need a new power supply also.

I have a Rabbit HX6090 with a standard 60W Glass tube. Last week we replaced the old tube (about 2500hrs work) with a tube that we have had in storage for about 2 years. The increase in performance is amazing. I think we do not realise the performance drop off since it happens so slowly ( just like our bodies age). I would be really interested in importing a RECI setup for next time if it can deliver better cutting speed than a standard chinese 60W glass tube.

Your input / help would be appreciated.

Thanx, Alexa.

Rodne Gold
07-13-2011, 6:25 AM
The reci site has a whole lot of information. Have a look under some of their downloads for documents
http://www.recilaser.com/2010/en/ser_download.html
You might also need to mess around with the tube mounts and alignement if you want to use a reci as its a fatter and slightly shorter tube than the conventional ones. You might have to amend your mirror mounts as its centre will be higher than your 60w tube. Reci make some nice adjustable mounts , ask them about them.
I recon you can swap out a 80w Reci + dy10 power supply with your stock 60w. Probably cost round $700 in total.

Alexa Ristow
07-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Thank Rodney,

Getting an extra 20W for that price sounds like a bargain...

Chuck Stone
07-14-2011, 1:33 PM
You can put that in a GCC?
(probably answered in the doc's I'm going through on their site..)

Rodne Gold
07-14-2011, 3:04 PM
You cant put it in a GCC , well , you could , but it would require extensive mods , you might as well buy a complete laser using a reci.

George M. Perzel
07-14-2011, 3:16 PM
Chuck;
Not sure what you are reading but Rodne's talking about using the RECI tube in other MAINLAND China lasers like the Rabbit, not his GCC units-although it's an interesting idea which I'm sure Rodne has thought about-need real good knowledge of control logic, change mechanicals as RECI tube is much longer than GCC(Synrad) RF tubes, a bunch of other things- but a laser source is still a laser source in the long run................. food for thought-may think about a conversion when one of my GCC's die.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Chuck Stone
07-14-2011, 3:40 PM
Yeah.. thanks guys. I figured that while reading the docs. Too bad, though..
wish I were a bit smarter about how these things work, but most of it is
'black box' to me.
I don't know how long my tube will last, bought the unit used from someone
else who bought it used .. and i already know I need a main board and some
odds and ends parts here and there. (but was able to use the laser to make
some of the parts! HA!) I just shudder at the thought of having to buy a
laser tube for a hobby machine. It would wipe out anything I've managed
to earn with it since I got it..

Rodne Gold
07-15-2011, 2:04 AM
The conversion to a glass tube would not be an easy task , you would have to fit the glass tube into a hole it wont go into so would require fabrication. then you would have to wire in it's power supply. The GCC's wont fire the tube properly and when it should be fired , so you would have to hack into the mainboards firmware and change some settings , which might or might not be possible. In the event of it not being possible , you would have to fit a mainboard and a LCD panel that would allow control of the motion system and the tube firing. along with this one would most likely have to change the motors to steppers and install stepper drivers as well as changing the main power supply (and possibly belts)
With all this would come an incredible amount of fabrication and fiddling.
The cost would be $700 for reci tube and Ps , $500 for steppers and drivers , $700-900 for other electronics , $400 for sundries , $300 for fabrication work etc - close on $3000. For $3k , you can refurb your tube. If you keep it original with a refurbed tube , you have a saleable item , if you hack it up to take a reci tube , you have a no value asset.....
Why do you need a mainboard for your laser? If the mainboard was bust , the machine wouldnt work.

Chuck Stone
07-16-2011, 9:06 AM
Why do you need a mainboard for your laser? If the mainboard was bust , the machine wouldnt work.

Lots of parts of the program that I don't have access to.. like the maintenance modes. I can't move the
motors via keyboard, can't get into the mode to re-load the firmware anymore. They tell me it's the
main board. The individual keys all work (in other areas of the menu) but not all functions are available.
I used to get some sort of message about 'do setup' (never knew what that meant) but that message
doesn't come up anymore unless I somehow load a corrupted file or some other odd thing happens. Then
suddenly some of the functions come back temporarily.
I've learned to work around it. Turn it on, move the rails by hand, manual focus and then run a test
for position. Then I can run for a while until it finishes running the laser but stalls as if it isn't done yet.
Then I have to power down to clear it, start over. Start and Pause work, and if I pause I can adjust
speed or power on the keyboard if needed, so I've been running it like that. Sometimes it will finish
the file and pause telling me to delete the file. I'll do that and go onto the next one. OR sometimes it
will pause without that message.. and it won't do anything till I re-boot.
If I were running a business, I'd be more worried about it.

alberto margarito
07-16-2011, 9:59 AM
hello to all,
alive in Italy
I have need to acquire a Reci tube 150w, to have read this info?
http://www.recilaser.com/2010/en_news/2011-1-18.html
thanks you

Dan Hintz
07-17-2011, 7:47 PM
http://www.recilaser.com/2010/en_news/2011-1-18.html
Wow, talk about some scary numbers:

We are sure to control the defect rate of our products: V2(80w)<2%, V4(100w)<3%, V6(130w)<4%, V8(150w)<6%.

The defect rate of V series products should be only one tenth as that of A series products, which were released in 2010.
So their A-series tubes had a defect rate of 20-60%... I don't care who you are, that's a scary defect rate. Even the rate mentioned for the new V-series is high.

alberto margarito
07-18-2011, 12:40 AM
sorry,
they are a friend of the forum, I follow your arguments very. my language does not allow me to speak with the forum.
I have constructed my machine alone.
http://www.buildlog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=199

Rodne Gold
07-18-2011, 12:55 AM
Wow, great build there alberto, i don't see a problem using a reci tube
Dan I doubt they had that type of failure rate , as their tubes would not be as well respected as they are in China, apart from which they offer a pretty good guarantee policy
http://www.recilaser.com/2010/en_product/V8_en.html
Look under assurance..

Dan Hintz
07-18-2011, 6:06 AM
Rodney,

My post is missing the little smiley with the question marks above it... I agree there's no way a 20-60% failure rate would fly, even with the junk dealers. Even so, having a failure of more than 1-in-20 on their larger tubes is something to be concerned about. Higher cost, higher chance of failure out of the box... makes you really want a spare (or two) when you place the initial order.

Scott Anders
07-18-2011, 6:55 AM
sorry,
they are a friend of the forum, I follow your arguments very. my language does not allow me to speak with the forum.
I have constructed my machine alone.
http://www.buildlog.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=199
Great job alberto. :)

Ken Shea
07-18-2011, 3:04 PM
Alberto,
That is outstanding work, and it looks like you are having lots of fun, well deserved fun.

Ken

alberto margarito
07-18-2011, 4:30 PM
to be much happy one of my plan,
I have intention to construct a much large one 1300X2500mm
thanks to all

Richard Rumancik
07-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Alberto - very nice machine. The laser systems manufacturers should look at your design . . .they might learn a few things.

I noticed you have 4 screws on your z-elevator for the table. GCC uses 3 screws - which theoretically should be adequate as 3 points define a plane. But it doesn't work in practice as there are two "soft" corners on my table. I vote for your design.

I assume that you always use laser eye protection when using your laser. Remember to work safe . . .

Levi Chanowitz
07-24-2011, 10:22 PM
Perhaps you could import the reci tube and lenses when you are in china. I would buy them from you. I need lenses, where should I get them?

Rodne Gold
07-25-2011, 3:03 AM
Levi , you talking about me?
Im not going near the laser factory or Beijing , Im off to Yiwu which is far away. At any rate , I live in South Africa which makes it all very difficult.
I would perhaps contact the ppl I bought the laser from , shenhui lasers , they have tubes and lenses and power supply and can send them out to you. Blanca Yan or Pascal seem to be the people to talk to.

George M. Perzel
07-25-2011, 6:39 AM
Hi Levi;
Where are you located? What size lenses do you need? What power RECI tube do you need? Will it replace an existing RECI tube?
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts