PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Roger Chandler!

Kathy Marshall
07-13-2011, 1:15 AM
I came home from a trip to the dump on Saturday to find a large priority box on my porch!:D
It was from Roger Chandler and contained a big block of ambrosia maple, some smaller blanks of kiln dried cherry, ash and maple.
I do have pics but they're not resized yet, its been a very busy weekend trying to get too many last minute projects done around the house. I had my surgery this morning and all went well (that's almost worth a gloat of its own) slept all afternoon, had a little broth for dinner and I'm about ready for the sandman again.
I'll get the pics posted in the next few days. Thanks again Roger for a very nice box of goodies! I'm already thinking about what might be hidden inside!

Turners are the greatest!

Roger Chandler
07-13-2011, 6:56 AM
Looking forward to seeing what your imagination does with that ambrosia maple, Kathy. the other blanks were just something to try to fill the box up with, although those cherry blanks make for a nice square edge bowl..........candy dish/lid or what ever your creativity inspires. Those small maple pieces could make nice finials.

Glad to hear your surgery went well!

Have fun!

John Keeton
07-13-2011, 7:03 AM
I think the real news in this thread is the successful surgery and that you are back home doing well!!:) Not to lessen the magnanimous gift by Roger, however!!;):cool:

Steve Schlumpf
07-13-2011, 8:08 AM
Happy to hear you are doing well! Looking forward to the photos... but there is no rush!

Michael James
07-13-2011, 10:02 AM
Ok, post surgery no pics is the only excuse I've heard that I'm going for - and I'm glad it was successful. I hope you will be a good patient and follow your MD's orders to facilitate a speedy recovery. Yeah, Rogers one of the good guys around here, kudos to both of you!
Sending you healing thoughts,
Michael

Jeff Fagen
07-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Hope you're feeling well enough to get back to turning soon.There's no need for a gloat photo of your surgery scar,we'll take tour word for it!lol Don't laugh it might hurt!

Kathy Marshall
07-13-2011, 8:47 PM
Here's a pic.
I'm hoping I feel up to digging in to the maple by next week, for now all I want to do is sleep lol (and yes Jeff, it does hurt to laugh!) and thanks for all the well wishes everone!

Michael James
07-13-2011, 8:52 PM
Glad you're up and about and the wood actually exists in shared reality and not one of those drug induced fantasies I've heard about! :cool:
mj

Roger Chandler
07-13-2011, 9:17 PM
Here's a pic.
I'm hoping I feel up to digging in to the maple by next week, for now all I want to do is sleep lol (and yes Jeff, it does hurt to laugh!) and thanks for all the well wishes everone!

I am hoping you are up to it as well, Kathy...........was the anchorseal totally dry when you got the box opened? When I shipped it, it was still a little wet! I cut that blank from a half a log so it would fit in the box........had no choice.......I would like to have sent you a larger piece, but I got the largest flat rate box they had at the post office.

Looking forward to seeing your masterpiece when done! :)

Bernie Weishapl
07-13-2011, 11:08 PM
Thats great Kathy and great gift Roger. Glad to hear things went well Kathy.

Rick Markham
07-14-2011, 2:57 PM
I'm super happy to hear that the surgery went well and you are recovering comfortably Kathy! Roger, your a heck of a nice guy, it's cool to see how turners do nice things for each other. We're just one big family ;)