PDA

View Full Version : I got into a GALLERY ! now with pics

curtis rosche
07-12-2011, 7:19 PM
after getting fired last week i found i had alot of time on my hands. inbetween job interveiws and filling out applications my mom told me i need to start selling some of my bowls so there is more room in the house lol, and to make some extra money. so after going through local shops (bird-in-hand, intercourse, strasburgh) and having them all tell me my stuff was to pricey or to nice for their shops, a few told me to check out the lancaster city art galleries. after spending a few hours in the city i came across a shop called "Kalargyros Gallery". after spending some time showing some of my peices and talking to the owner, she loved my work and couldnt wait to have it in her shop. im going back tommorow to fill out paperwork and fill a shelf up. :D:D
they are located on orange street in lancaster city pa. for those of you who come out this way. you can google them and you will find more information about the gallery

i took 28 items in today. all are now up for sale. between 80$ and $10 in price range. all sorts of differents woods. all local woods though. and she is going to put up a sign to take custom orders. every first friday of the month lancaster city has a large art festival type thing where all the galleries are open and tons of people come to see everything

Roger Chandler
07-12-2011, 7:23 PM
Congrats Curtis!!!

Steve Schlumpf
07-12-2011, 7:31 PM
AND so it begins.... Congrats Curtis! Hope you are able to sell all the bowls that are in your Mom's way! Best of luck! If possible - please post a couple photos of the gallery once you have your turnings on display!

Scott Hackler
07-12-2011, 7:31 PM
Congrats, I hope you sell a bunch of stuff!

curtis rosche
07-12-2011, 7:33 PM
i plan on taking many photos tommorow when i take more peices in. i will also let you know when their website is updated with my peices on it

Bill Bolen
07-12-2011, 7:42 PM
Congrat's Curtis!

Toney Robertson
07-12-2011, 8:09 PM
Good luck Curtis. I hope it is the start of something big.

John Keeton
07-12-2011, 8:20 PM
Great news, Curtis!! When one door closes, another is always opened for you - you just need to recognize the opportunity! And, looks like you did.

John M. Smith
07-12-2011, 8:23 PM
Congratulations Curtis !!!! Can't wait to see some pics.

charlie knighton
07-12-2011, 8:46 PM
congratulations Curtis, now keep looking for that other gallery

Pete Jordan
07-12-2011, 8:53 PM
That is great news!

Good luck!

Chris Burgess
07-12-2011, 9:01 PM
Awesome. Cant wait for pics. Very Motivating

Baxter Smith
07-12-2011, 9:58 PM
Congrats Curtis. Good luck with the sales and would love to see some pictures of your display!

Harvey Ghesser
07-12-2011, 10:01 PM
That's great, Curtis! Congratulations!:D:D

Bernie Weishapl
07-12-2011, 10:37 PM
Great news Curtis and congrats.

Ken Fitzgerald
07-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Congrats Curtis!

Greg Just
07-12-2011, 11:07 PM
Nice job Curtis - Good luck with your sales - hope you do well.

Rodney Walker
07-12-2011, 11:13 PM
Congratulations, I hope it goes well for you.

Ed Morgano
07-12-2011, 11:55 PM
Congratulations Curtis. Best of luck on this exciting new adventure....hope all goes well.

Michelle Rich
07-13-2011, 6:38 AM
WAY TO GO!!! Keep pounding the concrete..if one will take them, more will..good luck

Toney Robertson
07-13-2011, 7:10 AM
after getting fired last week i found i had alot of time on my hands. inbetween job interveiws and filling out applications my mom told me i need to start selling some of my bowls so there is more room in the house lol, and to make some extra money. so after going through local shops (bird-in-hand, intercourse, strasburgh) and having them all tell me my stuff was to pricey or to nice for their shops, a few told me to check out the lancaster city art galleries. after spending a few hours in the city i came across a shop called "Kalargyros Gallery". after spending some time showing some of my peices and talking to the owner, she loved my work and couldnt wait to have it in her shop. im going back tommorow to fill out paperwork and fill a shelf up. :D:D
they are located on orange street in lancaster city pa. for those of you who come out this way. you can google them and you will find more information about the gallery

So you took some of your pieces to the gallery?

I tried that too but was told by an owner in this area that method is a no-no.

Rob Cunningham
07-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Congratulations Curtis.

Tim Rinehart
07-13-2011, 1:45 PM
I am sorry to hear about loss of your job...but elated to hear about another turner getting into a gallery. Let us know how it goes, good or bad, what you learned from it, etc. Congrats again and best of success with sales

Peter Scoma
07-13-2011, 2:34 PM
Congrats! I lived right near there on orange street for a year. It is definitely an interesting gallery if I remember correctly. Hope you do well.
PJS

curtis rosche
07-13-2011, 5:54 PM
So you took some of your pieces to the gallery?

I tried that too but was told by an owner in this area that method is a no-no.

its a no-no if you walk in with peices first, then its concidered peddling or door-to-door sales. i walk in, look around to see if they sell similar items, then approach the owner and ask if they do consignment or anything

Chris Burgess
07-13-2011, 7:20 PM
Those drawing over your bowls are nothing nice....jeeze!!!!

curtis rosche
07-14-2011, 10:28 AM
yeah, i kinda wish i could display they else where in the gallery but that was my only option

Chris Burgess
07-14-2011, 11:12 AM
yeah, i kinda wish i could display they else where in the gallery but that was my only option

I was only foolin around. You have achieved something here that most will only dream of. Congrats to you. Before you know it, that will be your gallery that people will want to hang their art in.