PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who own the Incra 5000 sled

Mike Kelsey
07-11-2011, 10:52 PM
I'm in the process of putting this miter sled together. When I adjust the miter slot bar for no slack movement - how far out should I be able to slide the bar with no sideways movement? There are five expansion (white discs) & 5 non-expansion (black discs) which is the recommended combination for my Jet Xacta. When I pull the bar back to where there are two sets of discs only in the miter slot I always get sideways movement, not much but some. How far back should the sled be able to slide without movement? Or should I just adjust for no sideways movement with all expansion discs in the miter slot and call it good?

Jerome Hanby
07-12-2011, 8:44 AM
This is just opinion, and I'm not looking at my Incra 1000 SE at the moment, but I would think if you have two disks in the slot then it should not be moving around (at least not with any normal pressure applied).

Scott T Smith
07-12-2011, 4:54 PM
I adjusted mine so that there is minimal sideways movement on every pair of discs. It took me about an hour of fooling around with it to get it just where I wanted it.