PDA

View Full Version : Votive Candles

Anthony Welch
07-11-2011, 8:36 PM
These are the votive candles I made, that I asked about the diffuser panels. I've not gotten the diffusers yet, but wanted to share these with you guys. I made a middle panel to keep the candle from sliding about.

Comments welcomed good or bad.

Anthony

Jim Reinhard
07-11-2011, 9:59 PM
Nice job they look great to me.

Anthony Welch
07-11-2011, 10:45 PM
Here is the box. The ornaments are copywritten. Most any scrollsaw ornament will work. The middle circle cutout is to keep the candle from sliding around.

Enjoy!

Mike Null
07-11-2011, 10:59 PM
Anthony

More really great stuff! I don't get to be artistic with my laser but I think you may have convinced me to give it a whirl.

Michael Kowalczyk
07-12-2011, 4:13 PM
Hey Anthony,
Looks familiar. I have the "Scrollsaw CD Book Library Vol. 1" and it is great to work with but takes time to get them just right.

Sorry can't show the whole picture because the rest is my clients design.

Chuck Stone
07-12-2011, 4:14 PM
excellent project to get someone hooked on a laser!
I just downloaded it and changed the sizes to fit confetti lamps!
Easy project to get started on, can be simple or complex, your choice.
Thanks!

Frank Corker
07-12-2011, 4:27 PM
They look fantastic Anthony, really nice work there buddy.

Anthony Welch
07-12-2011, 6:18 PM
Thanks everyone. I like to share ideas like these. Two years ago at Michael's I bought two cases of votive candles. Wife asked what I was gonna do, I said I don't know but will figure out something. These would be great for the laserbuzz products, may have to change some of the lines to score instead of cut out. The smaller you go with his designs, the cut outs don't do well. Six years ago I bought the whole Berry Basket products and they do well to cut out or just engrave. I'm gonna tackle the music box thing soon.

Mike if I had a profitable business, I'd be like you, not having the time to come up with things like this.

Thanks,
Anthony

Mike Null
07-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Anthony
I've said many times that the things you and others on this forum do are what makes it so interesting and a learning experience for all of us.

Making labels and name tags is profitable but very boring.

Greg Bednar
07-12-2011, 11:28 PM
Good job Anthony - looks great.

Linda Tetreault
07-13-2011, 7:54 AM
VERY nice project, thank you for sharing.

Ken Shea
07-13-2011, 8:52 PM
Anthony,
Those are really quite nice and show the quality of cut your laser is capable of.

Belinda Barfield
07-14-2011, 7:49 AM
Great job Anthony. I really like these.