PDA

View Full Version : SWAT question

Scott Hackler
07-11-2011, 6:40 PM
Does anyone know, for sure, what the registration entitles you to that the general public doesn't get?

I am seriously thinking about going to Waco, but the $125 for me and $60 for my wife could be spent in the vendor area (CBN wheel anyone???? ) I know that in St Paul, registration allowed the demos and the ability to enter items in the Instant Gallery, but I don't think I will drag anything to Texas unless this show has been known for selling a lot of items out of the Instant Gallery

I probably wont attend the demo's or it would be minimal to say the least. I would want access to see the instant gallery, vendors and have the ability to buy the raffle tickets.

Just wondering....

willis martin
07-11-2011, 7:29 PM
Scott I'm going and it's a great event the reg.fees entitle you to see all demos have lunch all three days and participate in drawings both sat and sun with the same tickets .There will be ample opportunity to buy buy buy with many venders present the banquet is extra but it's usually pretty good feed.there are also spouses events scheduled.A lotta bang for your bucks.The instant gallery is being done by our club once again(East Texas Woodturners)Hope to see you there.I'll be one of the people at the gallery to answer any questions you might have.The raffle tickets (bought separatly) Entitles you to both drawings.With some terrfic prizes .including two full sized lathes .I think they are Powermatics.Along with much more.Hope to see you there.Willis Martin

bob edwards
07-11-2011, 7:30 PM
As I understand it Scott without registering you would have access to the Gallery and the vendors. I don't think you have to be registered to purchase raffle tickets.

However the meat of the show are the demo's, the SIG's and the interaction with the other turners.

IMHO it's as valuable a show as the national.

Gary Max
07-11-2011, 8:02 PM
We always crash-------heck why waste the money.

David E Keller
07-11-2011, 8:52 PM
We paid the fee... Since I've not been to a symposium before, so I'm looking forward to taking in a demo or three. FYI, I'm not sure that D-way will be in the vendor area at SWAT, so I don't know whether the CBN wheels will be available.

charlie knighton
07-11-2011, 10:29 PM
yall have a good time, one of these days i would llike to go to SWAT, probably not this year, on my list though

Kelvin Burton
07-12-2011, 12:49 AM
Scott,
I went last year and just signed up tonight for this year. You only need to pay for your spouse if she is attending the demos and lunches. There are separate events organized for the ladies, with separate fees for each. If you want to save money on accommodation the best deal in town is at Super 8 near Baylor University - 5 minutes drive from the convention center. We got 3 nights for $124, senior rate.
Don't forget the Saturday night banquet, it's definitely worth attending, and it's a separate ticket.
Kelvin

John McCaskill
07-13-2011, 9:46 PM
Can't get into either the demos or the vendor areas without registration, if I recall correctly. They are all in the convention center together, or were last year. Reg fee includes lunch each day but the Sat night banquet is extra (and worth the money, too)