PDA

View Full Version : Super-mega gloat!

John Miliunas
02-15-2005, 5:59 PM
You've all heard the saying: "There's no place like home." In a very, very large part, SMC is indeed "Home" to me. Yeah, it's got great Admins, moderators, wonderful format and a very generous host but, it's the people who make it "home". Need proof? Where else can you go and visit with folks, whom you've never met in person before, strike up a conversation via PM's or email and the next thing you know, have a Special Delivery dropped off at your home, filled with some of the finer things in life?!:D Well, that's exactly what happened to me and here's the proof! Larry Merlau and I have been exchanging advice, comments, tips and yes, even jabs at each others football team preferences. When Larry heard I enjoy venison, but am not a hunter, he took it upon himself to be sure I get my "fix" for the season! Fed Ex, overnight, no less, delivered the pictured package filled with steaks, chops, some awesome Slim Jims and even a cold can of our very own "Milwaukee's Best"!:) It just don't get any better than that! No way, no how, no where! Larry, cheers to you, my fine Michigan friend! This deed will NOT go unanswered; When you least expect it....:D :D Thanks! I needed that!:cool:

Joe Mioux
02-15-2005, 6:07 PM
John, you and Larry nailed it....This is a great place to spend time and meet and make new friends.

Joe

Ted Shrader
02-15-2005, 6:21 PM
John -

That is a GREAT gloat. All the rest of us only get the Creek part of it. You get to sip some suds and munch on some fine edibles while visiting.

Larry - You Da Man!

Ted

David Tiell
02-15-2005, 6:32 PM
That is SO great!!!!! Very :cool: of Larry. Enjoy!!

Jeff Sudmeier
02-15-2005, 8:17 PM
John,

That is a great gloat!!! One of the best I have seen :)

Steve Ash
02-15-2005, 8:44 PM
Larry is a heck of a nice guy....one of Michigans finest!:cool:

Bruce Shiverdecker
02-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Not to dimish Larrys wonderful gift; while I've never had the pleasure of meeting him or John, I can believe that John deserved what he got.

Way to Go, guys!!!!!!!!!

Bruce

Jerry Olexa
02-15-2005, 11:23 PM
That is a true friend!!! John, you're fortunate but as a superior cheesehead, you deserve this... By the way, I love venison too:D

Gary Max
02-16-2005, 2:13 AM
Love the story John---your are right it is all the great folks here that make this site what it is.

larry merlau
02-16-2005, 7:09 AM
John -

That is a GREAT gloat. All the rest of us only get the Creek part of it. You get to sip some suds and munch on some fine edibles while visiting.

Larry - You Da Man!

Ted
well ted, i could stand up and take a bow but i am not into that. he desrved everythng he got and more i am the one who got the best end of the deal. so give him the nod not me. was just thanking him for the help he had given me and as for jerry, the fella from IL who mentioned liking vensin well you got lots down in your parts and we know you got a new drill on your mind so eating isnt a top priorty :D but if you really are deprived, i had agood year, i could be tempted to see that some happend your way.

Jeff Sudmeier
02-16-2005, 8:13 AM
That is a true friend!!! John, you're fortunate but as a superior cheesehead, you deserve this... By the way, I love venison too:D

Jerry, are you heading to the Milwaukee woodworking show? (I have some venison that we could trade :) )

Dan Gill
02-16-2005, 9:13 AM
That's a gloat and a half. I only got to hunt one evening this year and didn't bring home any venison. Fortunately, my former boss has promised me an ice chest full. I got three batches from him last year. He's a big-time hunter, but he and his wife just can't eat that much venison. His loss, my gain!

Jerry Olexa
02-16-2005, 5:12 PM
well ted, i could stand up and take a bow but i am not into that. he desrved everythng he got and more i am the one who got the best end of the deal. so give him the nod not me. was just thanking him for the help he had given me and as for jerry, the fella from IL who mentioned liking vensin well you got lots down in your parts and we know you got a new drill on your mind so eating isnt a top priorty :D but if you really are deprived, i had agood year, i could be tempted to see that some happend your way.
Larry So nice of you to think of me but I don't deserve it! I was only joking but I must admit, I like venison and not a hunter, so I don't get any. When I had a cabin back in S. Ohio, my neighbor 40 acres down would always get me some. Very few restaurants serve it here. You are a good man. Maybe next deer season, we'll arrange a swap.

Jeff probably won't go to MW show but thanks for your offer. I would love to do that but won't be there. Thanks for thinking of me. We'll do it some other time. How far north are you?

Jeff Sudmeier
02-17-2005, 7:59 AM
Jerry,

John is just about straight west of Spring Green by about 10 minutes, I am straight east by about 10 minutes. I am very lucky that I only live 20 minutes away, so we get to trade stories quite often.

We will have to set up a meeting at one of our shops with you! Not to speak for John, but I am sure he will be up for it!

Jeff

John Miliunas
02-17-2005, 8:01 AM
We will have to set up a meeting at one of our shops with you! Not to speak for John, but I am sure he will be up for it!

Jeff
Yeah, absolutely! What Jeff said!!!:D :cool:

Donnie Raines
02-17-2005, 8:19 AM
I was wondering, Larry, if there is any realllllly nice pork loin up your way??... :D :D :D :cool:

Mark J Bachler
02-17-2005, 8:29 AM
Yeah, absolutely! What Jeff said!!!:D :cool:

Keep me posted also please.

I too kill deer.

& elk

& turkeys

& walleyes

& ducks

& brain cells...................

John Miliunas
02-17-2005, 8:48 AM

I too kill deer.

& elk

& turkeys

& walleyes

& ducks

Hey Mark, if you ever make it to the Madison/Spring Green area or on your way elsewhere and come close, give me a yell and we'll arrange for an eye-to-eye! :D For that matter, if anyone/everyone here at SMC is passing through, just drop me a line and we'll figure something out! :) :cool:

Jeff Sudmeier
02-17-2005, 9:31 AM
Hey Mark, if you ever make it to the Madison/Spring Green area or on your way elsewhere and come close, give me a yell and we'll arrange for an eye-to-eye! :D For that matter, if anyone/everyone here at SMC is passing through, just drop me a line and we'll figure something out! :) :cool:

My doors are open for all at SMC as well! :)

larry merlau
02-18-2005, 7:35 AM
I was wondering, Larry, if there is any realllllly nice pork loin up your way??... :D :D :D :cool:
actually i can probally scroung upsome wild russian boar loin for you. donnie but its gonna cost a littel nice curly cherry :D shipping charges :D

larry merlau
02-18-2005, 7:37 AM

I too kill deer.

& elk

& turkeys

& walleyes

& ducks

hey mark i could be persuaded to take a few lessons from you on those wisconsin walleyes or some small mouth

Donnie Raines
02-18-2005, 9:13 AM
actually i can probally scroung upsome wild russian boar loin for you. donnie but its gonna cost a littel nice curly cherry :D shipping charges :D
I knew there would be some type of offer on the table Larry!!! :D :cool:

When I get some....I will let you know!... :rolleyes: :D