PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Projects - Pen Castings

Kevin L Little
07-10-2011, 11:01 PM
I've been working on casting watch parts and sewing pens to try and start selling. Here are a couple of the watch parts pens that I casted and created this weekend as well as a sewing themed pen. Sorry for the bad photos in advance. The embedded castings are hard to capture due to the reflectivity of the material.

Comments and suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks

James Combs
07-10-2011, 11:24 PM
Really nice. I am in the process of trying some feather castings but some church duties are ahead of them.

Billy Tallant
07-11-2011, 12:23 AM
Nice job on the casting. Those should sell quick... :)

Jim Burr
07-11-2011, 1:21 AM
Really cool Kevin!! What paint did you use for your blanks? Testors was blistering on several of us. Those will do very well!!

Kevin L Little
07-11-2011, 9:35 AM
I used the heat resistant Rustoleum paint. I got a reaction from the regular Rustoleum, but I think it had to do with something on the tube. I wipe the tubes down after sanding with DNA. Either way the paint still seems a little fragile on all of the ones I've painted so far. Paint it, glue it and leave it alone is the best thing I've done with them so far. Fussing with the paint seems to make it worse.

I'm still working on my technique with a few little kinks to work out. I've learned a lot with this so far. Now what to cast next.....:rolleyes: