PDA

View Full Version : Jet 1442VS Tailstock Broken Part ..Help !!!!!!!!!!

Mike Turner
07-10-2011, 9:59 AM
I have a Jet 1442VS wood lathe. This morning I was putting a flute in the lathe and tightening up the tailstock......just pushed the long arm that locks the tailstock in place and the bolt underneath the bed sheared off and now I can't tighten my tailstock down. I don't then I tightened it to much at all....At a first glance I don't see this in the parts list in the manual or really even the tailstock parts period but right now Im in a hurry ( I know its got to be in there) ...Ill have to contact Jet....Has anyone ever had this happen? Do you know of "the" right person to contact ? And is their a way I can lock it down until a part gets here??? Right now I'm in a holding point on lathe work!!!

Ken Fitzgerald
07-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Mike,

First I had to order parts for my Jet 1014 and the folks at WMH Tool Group (JET) were nice to work with.

The bolt appears to be Item #9 on the lathe bed assembly Jet part # JWL 1442-128. You will probably want to order the nut Jet part # TS-0561081. You might want to also order the C-ring Jet part #JWL 1442-228 and the clamp JWL 1442-154.

Try this phone number 1-800-274-6848

I was able to order parts and give them a credit card number. They arrived in a fairly short order when they were in stock. Some took longer if they weren't in stock as they come from overseas.

Good luck!

Antonio Martinez
07-10-2011, 10:58 AM
If you're in a hurry try using a welding c clamp. It will hold fast and you can get all kinds of sizes at harbor freight.