PDA

View Full Version : Does chewbarka have a catalog?

Emma austin
07-08-2011, 8:20 PM
Or something that actually shows all their products? Website only has animal tags really, and I only learnt of the business cards etc through here.
I don't really understand what sort of business they run... I was after cards with holes in the end to use with lanyards.. I asked if they could do business cards with holes, the reply was "yes but will be more money". Fair enough, but then I find on eBay they do luggage tags, which fitted my description exactly! Why wouldn't they have told me that?! They are same price as the cards!
Anyway by the sounds of it the products are great and I look forward to receiving them (if the order ever goes through, that's another story ).
Just be nice if they had somewhere that showed all their products, rather than having to learn through others lol.

Anthony Welch
07-08-2011, 9:34 PM
https://www.chewbarka.com/index.aspx

No catalog as far as I know.

Tim Bateson
07-08-2011, 9:52 PM
They've only had the website active for maybe a year at best and is still expanding - their shopping cart system didn't even work properly until recently.. Their shipping has gotten a bit slow too, but their customer service and product quality has been top notch.

Cherie Irwin
07-08-2011, 10:31 PM
I just noticed they have an e-bay store, saw the link on their website stores.ebay.com/Chewbarkas-Tags-and-More Don't know how their prices compare, but their business card blanks are listed there in the "other" category.

Emma austin
07-09-2011, 2:33 AM
I just noticed they have an e-bay store, saw the link on their website ebay.com/Chewbarkas-Tags-and-More Don't know how their prices compare, but their business card blanks are listed there in the "other" category.

Yeh that is how I found out they had luggage tags!! Took note of the measurements that seemed perfect, then emailed and ordered, they quoted, sent invoice, then asked if I wanted the larger or smaller size! Then said that the larger (the ones I want) are 10 cents more each... why they didn't say that at the start I don't know! I wonder if I have caught them on a bad week because it has been pretty mickey mouse just trying to get this order in. Have finally paid now though so am hopeful they will arrive perfect :)

Mike Null
07-09-2011, 6:41 AM
Emma

Chewbarka does most of this kind of business through eBay. They are not a large company but will respond to your questions by email. They are very reliable and their products are first class but they do have some marketing shortcomings. Frank Ricci is the owner and the anodized products (Chewbarka) are an off-shoot of their primary business.

If they have dies ready made for products they won't charge a die fee but if you ask for something new or special then there will be a die charge. I have never used their business cards but I expect they are rather thin in which case you could punch your own slots if need be. (I do use their panel labels for my industrial customers)

They will send a good assortment of samples on request. Don't know about shipping charges to your location though.

John Frazee
07-11-2011, 10:40 AM
I buy from them and have to agree with others. They need to do some work on their business. Their product is great but they fail in other areas. I have called several times to hear a recording or for the lady to want my number, says she is taking another order. It's always the same nice lady. It appears to be a small family business with a very big presence, not just for engravers but other types of businesses. They die cut their products and take them somewhere else to get them anodized. You would think they did it all.

Jeff Belany
07-11-2011, 1:24 PM
I buy from them and never have any issues with getting orders. BUT -- I don't think they have ever answered a message or email from me. I have asked question that would have got them more business but no replys at all.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

Frank Ricci
07-13-2011, 1:02 PM
Hello Everyone and Thanks for all the kind words and helpful comments. The Web site is currently going through a complete make over with all our products, it is a slow process which we have been working on for months. We have been a little slow in shipping because of all the vacation time this month but we are now shipping orders in 1-2 days. We do answer all of our phone messages and I am on the internet via iPhone / iPad almost 24 hrs a day (I have to get some sleep) so If I missed someone just give us another chance. Chewbarka's Tags has grown quite a bit in the last few years and will manufacture about 4 million tags in 2011 shipping 6 days a week all over the world.
Once again I appreciate all the comments which I truly take to heart. We always offer Free samples, just send us your address.
Frank
chewbarka.com
stores.ebay.com/Chewbarkas-Tags-and-More401-464-9911
chewbarka8898@gmaildotcom

Mike Null
07-13-2011, 2:45 PM
Frank

Thanks for your response. We have a policy that one cannot use his own links so I have edited yours a bit.

There are many questions and comments about your products so it's good to have you join us as your time permits.

Jim Reinhard
07-13-2011, 4:55 PM
I put in for samples last week and they came in 2 days ,Fast shipping and good assortment of pieces.I will definatly be ordering from them(thats if ABF shipping ever brings my machine)

Gary and Jessica Houghton
07-18-2011, 11:07 AM
Emma,
I have used Chewbarka for four years now. I always call, it's easier for me, to place my order. I have learned just as you have about the products being there but not knowing they come in different sizes. Frank, the owner, is an awesome person. He has bent over backwards for me a few times. He even recognizes me by voice when I call. They will most likely include a flyer of the different tags and sizes they have with your order. If they don't just ask for one. They also sell, as you have become aware, business cards and business card holders, luggage tags, in two sizes, poker chips (that are stamped with amounts), as well as blank poker chips (I use as coins), bookmarks, and bracelets. I hope you find this information helpful.
Jessica