PDA

View Full Version : My buddy Bernie's contribution......

Ken Fitzgerald
07-06-2011, 7:44 PM
This afternoon I researched a Sorby texturing/spiral tool. I found it at The Best Things for $165 and shipping. It's ordered.

I also found a replacement laser for my Jamieson hollowing tool. I got it ordered from CSUSA.

Thanks Bernie! Sharon saw that texturing and said "Order it!".

Pete Jordan
07-06-2011, 8:01 PM
That Bernie..

Always willing to help!

Congrats!

Robert McGowen
07-06-2011, 8:04 PM
That is what friends are for!

Bernie Weishapl
07-06-2011, 8:08 PM
Yep any way I can.:D:rolleyes::cool: Good to see ya made it home safely Ken. Have fun with the tool. They are fun but do have a slight learning curve.

John Keeton
07-06-2011, 8:44 PM
Bernie works on commission for CSUSA!!!!:D:D:D

Nice change in avatar for both you old fellers!

Jeff Nicol
07-06-2011, 10:52 PM
I have the Sorby mini texturing tool, I got it at a thrift sale for $25 a couple years ago! The lady did not even know where it came from or why her husband had it in his things because he did not own a lathe. I have used it a couple times and it is fun, but like Bernie says it takes a little messing around to get the speeds and angles correct to come up with crisp patterns, but not too much.

Have fun with your new toys, and why is it so darn hot and windy here in IDAHO???? I need some humidity soon or I will look like a prune!

Jeff

Ken Fitzgerald
07-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Jeff,

You are in south Idaho......here....we have humidity...... 1 or 2 months out of the year. In Lewiston where I live, our average annual moisture is 13". ...........3 inches less we'd be a desert. Wood brought to our from back east has a bad habit of cracking if it's not sealed or kiln-dried.